The Imbibaphones library is a unique spin on the classic musical wine glass. The contents typically contained in wine glasses have provided inspiration for musicians since the first time the two were formally introduced. The wine glass became popular as a musical instrument in the 18th century. We decided to interpret this concept in our own particular way. Instead of just using a set of wine goblets, we also sampled tuned percussion and resonant sustains with a martini glass, champagne flute, and after one happy accident, a broken glass. We captured natural sustaining finger rubbed notes and soft mallet strikes for each type of glass. We then applied a variety of effects to create create atmospheres, pads and effects.
Originally released by Tonehammer in 2011 as part of the Microhammer series, Imbibaphones comes complete with a variety of GUI features to allow deep real-time performance shaping. It features selectable tuned/untuned mode, attack, release, swell, pitch-stepping, selectable key-switch stepping and an convolution reverb effect with an array of selectable custom convolutions recorded in a variety of environments, from cathedrals to bunkers. There are also numerous custom sound-designed effects presets for added depth and versatility, with sounds ranging from spacey sci-fi sounds, to gritty sinister drones to ethereal ghostly bells.
- Martini Glass w/ Rubber Mallet – 10 round robin/6 velocity layers
- Red Wine Glass w/ Rubber Mallet – 10 round robin/6 velocity layers
- White Wine Glass w/ Rubber Mallet – 10 round robin/6 velocity layers
- Wine Glass Plucked – 10 round robin/5 velocity layers
- Champagne Flute Mallet – 10 round robin/6 velocity layers
- Harmonic multi-glass strike combos – 10 round robin/4 velocity layers
- Red Wine Glass rim sustains – recorded chromatically over an octave w/ 3 modwheel fading intensity layers and release samples
- White Wine Glass rim sustains – recorded chromatically over an octave w/ 3 modwheel fading intensity layers and release samples
- Broken Wine Glass w/ Mallet – 10 round robin/4 velocity layers
- Broken Wine Glass Stirring Shard loops w/ modwheel layer blending
- Custom articulation and performance controls
- Custom convolution reverb/FX impulses
- Bonus custom sound-designed sustains, "synths", drones, pads, percussion and FX sample content and presets, hand created and sculpted from the original raw source material.
This library is designed for the full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt 3.5 or later. Kontakt is an industry-standard advanced virtual instrument / software sampler platform. Learn more about Kontakt by Clicking Here
Check out screenshots of our custom graphical user interface for Kontakt in the image gallery above. They provide a wide range of sound shaping parameter controls, each one totally automation-ready in your host environment or Kontakt's stand-alone mode.
This is a standard Kontakt open-format library, so the free Kontakt Player doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library. However, the sample directories are fully accessible to allow user customization, import and mapping into other wav-compatible software, sampler and synth formats.
The special Libraries tab doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library, but you can use the standard File browser tab, or import this library into the Kontakt database and Quickload tools for easy navigation, loading and organization.
- 2.2 GB Installed
- 1,494 Samples
- 16 Kontakt 3.5 .nki instrument presets
- 24 bit / 44.1 kHz uncompressed PCM wav audio
- Unlocked Kontakt presets and wav samples to allow user customization
- Includes a bonus collection of custom sound-designed special FX presets, as well as our favorite custom convolution reverb impulses and an advanced Kontakt user interface with full automation support.
The full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt version 3.5 (or later) is required to use .nki instrument presets included in this library. The free Kontakt "Player" and "Add Library" import process do not support this standard open-format Kontakt library. Windows XP or higher. Mac OSX 10.6 or higher. Dual Core CPU, 2 GB System Ram, SATA or SSD hard drive recommended for this library.