Olympus Mike-Ro Solo Tenor
We're proud to bring you the wondrous wonder of wonderfulness that is Olympus Mike-Ro Solo, a super ultra-premium virtuoso tenor solo vocal library for Kontakt. After over two years in the making, we've finally unveiled this true masterpiece! This righteous tower of awesome brings cutting edge vocal technology and pristine vocal acrobatics together into a glorious package of amazing musical perfection...
But seriously, Olympus Mike-ro Solo Tenor is just a fun yet totally functional Kontakt micropack that shows a little of what goes on behind the scenes here at Soundiron, as we research new vocal production and sampling methods. When you’re dragging a full choir into a hall to record, it’s generally a good idea to have an idea of what you want them to do before you roll tape. Soundiron’s official in-house trained monkey (Mike Peaslee) likes to fancy himself a singer, usually somewhere in the tenor range. Since he was sadly born without a sense of shame or decorum, he's literally willing to do anything on command if somebody’s recording it. So we tend to use him as a human guinea pig quite a bit.
What you’ll find here is a collection of 5 poly-sustain chants, with Latin and Slavonic Russian content, along with common vowel sustains (Ah, Eh, Oh, Oo) that we recorded during the production of our Olympus Symphonic Choir. These tests helped to inform our approach to editing, recording and programming for solo voice in a hall environment and what we ended up with is a nice little -- and quite useful -- vocal library.
Despite it's humble size and scope, this little treat has all the advanced features of our more serious Olympus MIcro Choir. We provide real-time control over dynamic intensity, tempo, playback start position, room decay time and volume, legato transitions, and more. With our full automation support, you can create entirely new phonetic combinations and syllable sequences from the raw material provided here. Full automation support means you can get as creative and complex with your arrangements as you like. The legato system is designed to be fluid for the sustains and automatically phrase-synchronous for the polysustains, so you can play melodies as Mike shamelessly progresses naturally through rhythmic Latin/Russian phrasing.
- Two independent layers -- stack your Mikes any way you want
- 2 130BPM Improvised Latin Long Polysustain chants w/ release syllable
- 3 140BPM Russian chromatic Poly-sustain chants w/ release syllable
- "Oo" vowel sustains w/ releases
- 2 separate "Ah" vowel sustains w/ releases
- "Eh" vowel sustains w/ releases
- "Oh" vowel sustains w/ releases
- Use the Offset, Attack & Release controls to shape your own syllables, sustains and phrases
- Automatic polysustain host tempo-synching for Kontakt 5 presets.
- Swell control allows real-time dynamic performance shaping.
- Independent Release timing and Release Volume controls, to control room decay
- Dual-layer polyphonic legato with customizable controls
- Independent Pan controls for each Mike
- Bonus Special FX presets for creating atmospheric pads and soundscapes.
- Per-layer polyphonic legato with adjustable speed, interval-range and gliss intensity
- 10 Special FX impulses integrated into the interface to create your own effects
- 10 Natural Environmental Reverb Impulses, including Halls, Cathedrals, Churches, Studios, Bundkers, Garages and more.
- 3-band parametric EQ with sweepable mid
- 3 Bonus Atmospheric FX presets
This library is designed for the full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt 5.1.0 or later. Kontakt is an industry-standard advanced virtual instrument / software sampler platform. Learn more about Kontakt by Clicking Here
Check out screenshots of our custom graphical user interface for Kontakt in the image gallery above. They provide a wide range of sound shaping parameter controls, each one totally automation-ready in your host environment or Kontakt's stand-alone mode.
This is a standard Kontakt open-format library, so the free Kontakt Player doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library. However, the sample directories are fully accessible to allow user customization, import and mapping into other wav-compatible software, sampler and synth formats.
The special Libraries tab doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library, but you can use the standard File browser tab, or import this library into the Kontakt database and Quickload tools for easy navigation, loading and organization.
- 180 MB Installed
- 96 samples
- 5 nki Kontakt instrument presets
- 24 bit / 48kHz stereo PCM wav format
- Format(s): Kontakt 5.1.0 .nki and pcm .wav
- Open format to allow user customization
The full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt version 5.1.0 (or later) is required to use .nki instrument presets included in this library. The free Kontakt "Player" and "Add Library" import process do not support this standard open-format Kontakt library. Windows 7 or higher. Mac OSX 10.7 or higher. Dual Core CPU, 3 GB System Ram, SATA or SSD hard drive recommended for this library.