Voices Of Rage
Voices Of Rage is an aggressive death metal, hardcore and power metal vocal library that combines awesome vocal performances, powerful word and lyric building systems, tempo-syncing phrase step sequencing features, multiple mic types, rack multi-FX and more.
Voices Of Rage is an aggressive death metal, hardcore and metalcore vocal library that combines awesome vocal performances, powerful word and lyric building systems, tempo-synched phrase step sequencing features, multiple mic types, rack multi-FX and tons of cutting edge content and capabilities. It explores the raw, brutal and guttural vocal style that death metal is known for, in all of its roaring, screaming, hissing and screeching glory.
We recorded vocalists Evan "Severed" Seidlitz, Alecia "Mixi" Demner (Stitched Up Heart), Jason Kocol (Impaled) Aaron Boynton (The Sky We Scrape), and Redouane Aouameur. Each singer offers their own unique style and technique, giving you options to work with a broad range of metal sub-genres. We pushed them to their absolute physical limits to build a massive array of fully playable lyrics. The huge Wordmaster dictionary includes 100 words, covering a variety of nouns, pronouns, verbs and adjectives. Each word was chosen to create an effective lyrical toolbox, with sustaining and staccato variants - in both guttural death and acidic screaming tones. We also recorded hundreds of live micro-phrases that can be assembled into your own songs using our phrase step-sequencer and tempo-synched, stretched, layered and blended in all manner of ways.
Each of the five vocalists was captured in a dry studio environment with multiple microphones to capture every subtle nuance of the performance, while providing to distinct sonic flavors. We used a dynamic stage mic (Shure SM58) to get all of the punch and grit of a stage performance. We also recorded with a large diaphragm studio condenser mic (Neumann TLM 103) for pure, crisp full range clarity and perfect fidelity. We then carefully prepared and edited each sample and hand-programmed each element into an unrivaled performance interface that delivers both efficiency and control.
Evan Seidlitz - aka Evan Severed - is the lead singer of Invidia and former lead singer of Vyces, Thrown Into Exile and Grimace. Based in Hollywood, Evan ranges from an intense, demonic and twiusted screaming style to guttural doom vocals. You can find Evan on Facebook and Twitter.
Alecia Demner - aka Mixi - is the lead vocalist for Stitched Up Heart out of Hollywood, CA. Her voice ranges from a smokey and soft tone to an agressive scream. She was a winner on the Fuse TV show "Redemption Song" in 2008 You can find Mixi on Facebook, Twitter and at her band's official website.
Aaron Boynton is a vocalist and multi-instrumentalist from the Chicago suburbs. His voice offers a straight-ahead hardcore yell with punk and thrash influences. He is the vocalist and primary song-writer for the metal outfit Internal Empires, who self-released their debut album Corruption Of Reason in 2012. He also currently plays bass for the melodic punk rock band The Sky We Scrape, who released their debut album Divides on Paper + Plastick Records in 2013. Both bands have new releases due out in mid-Summer 2014, and will be seen touring the US and Europe this year. You can find Aaron at The Sky We Scrape's Facebook and Twitter
Jason Kocol is a guitarist and vocalist for Oakland-based death metal band Impaled and a notetracker for Ubisoft's Rocksmith games. His voice dwells in the classic sludgy depths of death metal and grindcore, rising up from raspy growl to a bassy, gravely roar. As an instrumentalist, composer, recording engineer and performer, his musical interests and offerings range from modern day orchestral music to death metal, electronic music to tango, noise to synth pop. You can find Jason at the official Impaled website.
Redouane Aouameur is one of Algeria’s longest-standing and most celebrated metal musicians, known to extreme metal fans worldwide for his work with the acclaimed death metal band, Metal Age Productions recording artists, Lelahell. Before the advent of Lelahall Redouane was part of bands like Carnavage, Litham, and more, all of whom assisted in the growth of the Algerian metal scene. Redouane’s charismatic and powerful vocals have made him in demand as a guest or session vocalist, with the likes of Death Throne, Silent Obsession, Aash and many more calling upon his diverse and dynamic tones. You can find him at his website.
- 2 microphone choices (stage & studio) w/independent mix and enable/bypass control
- 100 Staccato Words with 2X round-robin, with instant switching between independent death and scream modes
- 100 Sustaining Marcato Words with looping sustain and release samples, and instant switching between independent death and scream modes
- Tons and tons of long sustaining and short dynamic death vocal effects, including roars, screams, screeches, hissing, whispers, growls, breaths and more.
- Live performance phrases with pitch transposition, instant pattern sequencing, legato blending, tempo-synching/time-stretching, shaping and more.
- A full selection of female rock vocal sustains by Mixi, including multiple dynamic levels and attack variants for the vowels Ah, Ay, Ee, Oh, Hmmm and Oo.
- Lyrical phrases includes hundreds of original royalty free lines, categorized into 9 songs, each with a wide selection of unique improvised variants and re-interpretations. The Phrase Master system lets you chop, slice, sequence, recombine and modulate each line however you like, for an essentially infinite number of new possibilities.
- Convenient real-time visual wave-form display in every preset.
- Bonus vocal Ambiences, Atmospheres and other custom melodic FX instruments.
- Swell, Attack, Release, Offset, Attenuation and Humanization controls allow for real-time dynamic performance shaping.
- Full Multi-FX rack panel with Chorus, Compression, Distortion, Amp and Cab simulation, EQ, Delay and Reverb
- Our Reverb rack unit includes 25 unique creative FX convolutions and 45 excellent live rooms, studios, chambers, cathedrals, halls and other real-world environments, with flexible tone, size and mix controls.
- Fully automatable, with customizable key switch and GUI controls.
The library includes our Wordmaster interface with 100 words to build your own lyrics with, with death and scream modes for each word. The Scream and Death layers can be mixed, panned and switched between sustaining and staccato versions independently of one another. There's also a huge collection of live lyrical phrases with tempo-synching, step sequencing, song switching and dozens of other custom control features. We’ve also included our comprehensive FX Rack panel, with multi-effects, compression, EQ, amp/speaker simulation and convolution reverb, featuring dozens of our most popular custom recorded rooms, halls, cathedrals and otherworldly fx impulses easily available right through the interface. Finally, we contorted the source recordings into a broad selection of ambiences, drones, atmospheres and special FX instruments. Voices Of Rage combines superior programming and excellent performance quality to deliver a unique and flexible library with features and playability you won't find anywhere else.
Made For Kontakt Player
This library has been licensed for use in the free Kontakt Player virtual instrument engine. It can be used in Kontakt Player or the full retail version of Kontakt (version 6.2.2 or later) for VST, AU or AAX instrument plugin formats. You can add this product to the Kontakt “Libraries” browser. It requires online serial number registration through the Native Instruments Service Center app. This library is also fully compatible with Komplete Kontrol and all S-Series Keyboard Controllers by Native Instruments. Purchasing this library qualifies you for a great cross-grade discount toward the full unlocked version of Kontakt through Native Instruments!
- Five vocalists from various metal genres in two microphone positions
- Live performance phrases, wordmaster, vocal FX, ambiences
- 15 Powerful Kontakt Player .nki instrument presets
- 28,600 stereo samples in locked .ncw format
- 7.4 GB Installed
- Flexible and intuitive multi-layer user interface controls, with LFO, filter, glide, and arpeggiator
- Full FX rack with convolution reverb with custom rooms, halls, chambers & FX environments
This Powered-By-Kontakt Player Edition is supported by version 6.2.2 or later of the free Kontakt Player (VST, AU, AAX) and the special “Libraries” rack. Windows 7 or higher required for PC. OSX 10.12 or higher required for Mac. Dual Core CPU, 3+ GB System Ram, SATA or SSD hard drive recommended for this library. This software is delivered as a digital download, so a broadband connection is required. All sales are final. Please see our Help Page for download and installation instructions, tutorials and the End User Licensing Agreement before ordering.
Walkthrough: Voices of Rage
Composing With Voices of Rage
Writing An Aggressive Death Metal Track
Reviews & Endorsements
“When excellently sampled melodic screaming is exactly what a piece of music needs, Soundiron’s Voices of Rage is the answer. It presents these intense sounds in a format that is highly adaptable with plenty of options by excellent vocalists."