Apocalypse Percussion Ensemble
Apocalypse Percussion Ensemble is our industry leading scoring percussion masterpiece. And now with the launch of the brand new v2.0, we're pushing it to a whole new level. This isn't just an update - it's a complete rebirth. This massive drum & cymbal collection is truly unmatched in the sampling world. Now weighing in at nearly 25 GB with over 25,000 samples, APE delivers astounding depth, detail, fidelity, and user freedom. It features more than 40 different drums and close to 200 articulations. You’ll find thunderous ensemble sections and solo instruments of all shapes and sizes, including bass drums, a whole array of toms, dhols, riqs, frame drums, bongos, cajons, doumbeks, clicks, clacks, a massive snare ensemble and 6 solo snare drum types. You'll also find fully expressive pedal-articulated hi-hats, stick and mallet rides, crashes, splashes, hybrid and FX cymbals, a 38" gong, heavy Tibetan ting shag finger cymbals, all deeply multisampled along with tons of rolls, crescendos and effects.
We here at Soundiron are no strangers to epic percussion. Those who know our work are familiar with the passion, exacting precision and attention to detail we deliver. Apocalypse Percussion Ensemble is the culmination of all of our years of experience, distilled into the most comprehensive and earth-shaking hall percussion package available anywhere on the market. We set out to build a monster that punched harder, rumbled deeper, cut through the mix cleaner and got the job done like no other could. We wanted a massive sound and responsive playability, without compromising user flexibility and choice. APE has a sound that just works right out of the box, with all of the beef and none of the noise. This beast gets it done.
Apocalypse Percussion Ensemble was recorded in the same acoustically-balanced hall as our famous Olympus Symphonic Choir (Mars & Venus), Mercury Symphonic Boychoir, Montclarion Hall Piano, Struck Grand Piano, Cymbology, Anklung and Tuned Artillery libraries, so it blends perfectly with a whole host of great libraries. We captured it over an exhaustive two week session, recording late into the night. With trucked in a mountain of drums an cymbals and pounded on them with every kind of stick, mallet and blunt instrument we could ﬁnd. Once the blood and wood chips had settled, we had captured an average of 12 round-robin per velocity layer with up to 14 velocities each. We then painstakingly programmed each instrument with a galaxy of comprehensive and exclusive control and playability features and a totally smooth workﬂow. We’ve expanded the library with a wide range of uniquely powerful tools that let you personalize the library to your own needs and push it far beyond any other percussion library in its class.
Each instrument features 3 independent microphone positions per articulation. The primary close mic position is captured within a foot of the drum heads to capture all of the deep tonality and resonance and every exquisite detail. The Mid position is set back 12 feet to get that all-around perfect live sound and the far position is 50 feet from the stage to deliver a rich, lush distant feel. Microphone channel mixing is easy with our pop-up Mixer panel. You can load just the positions you need to save ram and voices and independently adjust and automate each level. In the main Master presets, you can even assign each mic position to its own Kontakt audio output for surround sound routing, external effects processing and complete mixing freedom.
"Standard" presets are included to provide instant access to the full library in a classic percussion array layout. The primary "Ensemble All" preset lets you customize the note mapping for each articulation or load one of several common drum library mapping standards. This comes in handy with our new MIDI loop playback feature, which allows users to load and playback loops from a wide range of popular drum libraries. The improved Megamixer system allows for up to 8 slots, each with independent tuning, velocity attenuation, pitch, panning, key mapping, room release and more, and complete Kit preset saving/loading. "Mixer" presets group a set of articulations into 4 different fully customizable categories. For example, "Cymbals Mixer" splits cymbals into categories of ride, crash, hihat and gong/ting shag; each category has independent volume, pan, room release, velocity and pitch controls. Finally, the Tuned Dual-Layer presets allow you to create multi-layered tuned articulations from any ofthe articulations for each sub-section. These are ideal for sound design, special effects, or simply turning any of the sounds into a unique tuned percussion instrument.
Apocalypse Percussion Ensemble has just been updated to version 2.0, bringing along with it a wide variety of fixes, changes, additions and enhancements. Existing owners of the original 1.0 are eligible for a great upgrade deal for only $49. And all Apocalypse Percussion Ensemble owners are eligible to order our new Apocalypse Percussion Elements Player Edition as an add-on for only $25! Contact us for info!
What's New in v2.0
- Added the Far mic position to over 60 articulations.
- Added Gong articulations.
- Added Hi-Hat articulations in a range of pedal positions, including MidiCC controlled Hi-Hat simulation.
- Added suspended Ride Cymbal articulations
- Added Ting Shag articulations in a range of open and mute positions (Tibetan Finger Cymbals)
- Added Ensemble Snare ﬂam articulations.
- Fully re-mixed and re-mastered all Ensemble Snare articulations.
- Added a variety of Midi drum loops.
- Added ﬂexible Midi Groove loading and playback system.
- Added mic mixing options to all presets (output re-routing feature only in master presets).
- Added sub-group release controls to main Ensemble All Preset.
- Expanded the features of the Megamixer system, including full Kit saving/loading and intelligent sample memory management.
- Expanded the features of the Uberpeggiator / ARP meta-arpeggiator system.
- Added full Effects Rack panel
- Added various custom keymapping features to all presets.
- Redesigned all GUI artwork and instrument layout.
- Optimized and streamlined preset types, folder structure, zone mapping, group structure, loading and overall performance.
- Snares (Remastered)
- Bass Drums
- Frame Drums
- 6 Snares
- 2 Bass Drums
- Ride (Stick and Mallet) - NEW
- Gong - NEW
- Hi-Hat - NEW
- Ting Shag - NEW
- 2 Dhol Drums
- 4 Frame Drums
- 2 Floor Toms
- 2 Low Toms
- 2 High Toms
- 4 Rototoms
- Rolls and Crescendos for 3 snares
- Tom Rolls
- Rolls and Crescendos for Gong, Ride, and Ting Shag
Controls and FX
- Powerful Custom User Interface with fully automatable access to critical performance controls.
- 3 Fully Independent Microphone Positions for all instruments.
- Integrated Microphone Mixer with Sample Loading/Unloading
- Improved Uberpeggiator/Meta-ARP system with Preset Saving/Loading
- Improved Megamixer system with Kit Saving/Loading, Intelligent Sample Loading, and Per-Slot Room Release Controls
- Drum Category-based (Bass, Snare, Cymbals and Aux) Room Release Controls in many Presets
- Midi Loop Playback and Custom Mapping
- Our Custom FX Rack with powerful and configurable controls for every effect.
- 70 integrated custom convolution IR samples
This library is designed for the full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt 5.1.0 or later. Kontakt is an industry-standard advanced virtual instrument / software sampler platform. Learn more about Kontakt by Clicking Here
Check out screenshots of our custom graphical user interface for Kontakt in the image gallery above. They provide a wide range of sound shaping parameter controls, each one totally automation-ready in your host environment or Kontakt's stand-alone mode.
This is a standard Kontakt open-format library, so the free Kontakt Player doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library. However, the sample directories are fully accessible to allow user customization, import and mapping into other wav-compatible software, sampler and synth formats.
The special Libraries tab doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library, but you can use the standard File browser tab, or import this library into the Kontakt database and Quickload tools for easy navigation, loading and organization.
- 24.8 GB installed (12.9 GB Download)
- 25,171 Samples (standard pcm wav)
- 60 .nki files (unlocked Kontakt 5.1 format)
- 24 bit / 48kHz stereo PCM wav format
- Format: Kontakt 5.1+ .nki and pcm .wav
400 Custom Midi Groves By
- Blake Ewing
- Dirk Ehlert
- Ian Dorsch
- Johnny Knittle
- Marie-Anne Fischer
- Sascha Knorr
- Si Begg
- Simon Russell
- Tino Danielzik
- Xiaotian Shi
- Team Soundiron
The full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt version 5.1.0 (or later) is required to use .nki instrument presets included in this library. The free Kontakt "Player" and "Add Library" import process do not support this standard open-format Kontakt library. Windows 7 or higher. Mac OSX 10.7 or higher. Dual Core CPU, 3 GB System Ram, SATA or SSD hard drive recommended for this library.