Soundiron is proud to a new installment in our Iron Pack series. This collection of unique, creatively inspired sample libraries offers you fully playable and easy-to-use instruments in a compact, affordable package. Each Iron Pack explores a new theme with a fresh sound set, creative FX presets and features that give you a real taste of our world class sound design concepts.
Iron Pack 9 was created with premium analog hardware, including an Elektron Analog Four and various filters and effects. The circuitry is modern, but each of the 12 custom patches designed by our own Spencer Nunamaker was inspired by classic vintage sounds, with the full body and warm you expect from analog synthesis. And each patch includes an array of easy controls and FX options to radically reshape the sound into your own fresh mutations.
Each patch was created by meticulously constructing unique signal path and modulator routings, often with multiple LFOs effecting each other both parallel and in series. Once the path was designed, Spencer brought them to life, capturing their organic flavors in real-time, using a variety of velocity, joystick and envelope stage mapping to modulate different parameters, LFOs to modulate other LFOs, combined with after-touch LFO depth/speed modulation and other wild-card tweaks to generate awesome chain-reactions. The result is a warm, rich set of great synth patches, each with a host of sound-shaping parameters that let you further manipulate them into your own new custom sounds with the help of our GUI. The sounds a crisp, high-fidelity and modern, but there's a strong element of retro-fatness in each of them. Read the Contents tab for details about each of the synth patches. Check out the walk-through videos with Spencer Nunamaker.
We include standard open format Kontakt presets that can be used in the full retail version of Kontakt 4.2.4 or later, as well as universal open source SFZ presets for those who don't own Kontakt. The SFZ presets can be used in the free Sforzando Player by Plogue, as a VST, AU, RTAS, AAX and stand-alone engine just like Kontakt. The SFZ presets offer many of the same core control features and playability, in a basic easy-to-use interface, with equally excellent sound quality.
- The master patch is a multisampled synth patch with an evolving pad built in, and quick filter swept attacks.
- Ambience 1 is an FM based groove inspired by the characteristic lo-fi Yamaha DX7. Set in reverse, there is a sine wave LFO modulating both pitch and a second pulse-wave LFO.
- Ambience 2 is another FM based groove inspired by the DX7, sequenced locally onboard the synth utilizing steep sweeps in both filter resonance and cutoff.
- Ambience 3 is inspired by the classic PPG-Wave , programmed with a signal chain closely resembling the Wave.
- Ambience 4 simulates formant/vowel sounds with analog FM ratios being modulated by an LFO.
- Ambience 5 is a fifths-machine style patch, with looping envelopes and randomly triggered waveform changes.
- Ambience 6 is a either a slowly swelling soundscape, or rapid-fire crystalline assault depending on the octave, made from peircing reversed stuttering delays.
- Ambience 7 is nightmare fuel when played low enough, utilizing a modulating wavetable.
- Ambience 8 is a sparkly explosion made assigning an inverted envelope to modulate the cutoff and resonance of an 8 voice polysynth.
- Ambience 9 is inspired by the Roland D50 and its LA synthesis engine, which was reproduced manually by applying 12-bit PCM samples to the heads of digital waveforms and then modulated with various LFOs and envelopes to acheive a similar dulcet tone.
- Ambience 10 was inspired by the Casio CZ range of digital phase distortion synthesizers by carefully analyzing original sounds and re-creating them using subtractive synthesis.
- Ambience 11 is a brutal FM patch with bright flares cause by increasing the FM ratio and modulating the cutoff filter/resonance.
- 10 custom convolution settings, with 5 cool special effect impulses and 5 vibrant rooms and halls to choose from (Kontakt presets only)
- Kontakt presets offer attack, sample offset, release, Hi and Lo EQ gain, sample reverse, time-stretching, pad mode, optional reverb impulse loading and mix control.
- SFZ presets offer attack, sample offset, release, decay, Hi and Lo EQ gain and super efficient preset loading and performance.
The Kontakt format nki presets in this library are designed for the full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt 4.2.4 or later. Kontakt is an industry-standard advanced virtual instrument / software sampler platform. Learn more about Kontakt by Clicking Here
Check out screenshots of our custom graphical user interface for Kontakt in the image gallery above. They provide a wide range of sound shaping parameter controls, each one totally automation-ready in your host environment or Kontakt's stand-alone mode.
This is a standard Kontakt open-format library, so the free Kontakt Player doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library. However, the sample directories are fully accessible to allow user customization, import and mapping into other wav-compatible software, sampler and synth formats.
The special Libraries tab doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library, but you can use the standard File browser tab and also import this product into the Kontakt database and Quickload tools for easy navigation, loading and organization.
If you'd like to use the sounds in this library in other synths and samplers outside of Kontakt, or you do not yet own the full version of Kontakt, you can still enjoy using all of the content and many of the main control features available in this library. We've included universal sfz presets. These open-format presets can be imported into any sfz opcode spec 2.0 compliant soft-synth or sampler engine.
There are many to choose from. If you'd like an easy to use sampler plugin that can load these presets with a full-featured GUI, we highly recommend the free Sforzando player by Plogue. We've optimized these presets to let you experience the full range of features we've included in our SFZ presets for this library. Sforzando is compatible with vst, au and rtas plugin format standards. It's available for Mac OSX 10.6 and up and Windows XP and up. Click Here for the Sforzando Player PDF USer's Guide
Or, if you'd like to load them into a powerful Softsynth that can give you the power to totally manipulate and blend these sounds in all sorts of cool ways, use Camel Audio's free Alchemy Player. Download it here!
- 177 MB Installed
- 66 Samples
- 12 Kontakt 4.2.4 .nki instrument presets (standard unlocked format)
- 12 SFZ 2.0 instrument presets (universal open source)
- 16 bit / 44.1 kHz uncompressed PCM wav audio
The full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt version 4.2.4 (or later) is required to use .nki instrument presets included in this library. The free Kontakt "Player" and "Add Library" import process do not support this standard open-format Kontakt library.
A SFZ 2.0 compatible software sampler or soft-synth plugin or audio engine is required to use the .sfz presets in this library. We recommend the free Sforzando player by Plogue to enjoy all advanced sfz features in this library.
Windows XP or higher required for PC. OSX 10.6 or higher required for Mac. Dual Core CPU, 1 GB System Ram recommended for this library.
Iron Pack #01 [released April 24, 2014]
The first volume is built on sounds we cultivated from our legendary Emotional Piano. With 100 MB of content, and 12 instrument presets for both Kontakt and SFZ, this handy kit offers a beautiful collection of atmospheric pads and mutated piano tones. It features a 10 creative sustaining and tuned percussive banks hand-crafted by warping the raw source, plus a pair of lightweight low-memory acoustic grand piano patch to give a tiny, playable preview of our premier Emotional Piano.
Iron Pack #02 [released May 1, 2014]
Volume 2 focuses on sound designed presets crafted from our Acoustic Saz library. At 119 MB, this great soundset offers 12 beautiful atmospheric pads and mutated acoustic saz string pluck tones, plus an ultra lightweight low-memory acoustic saz "Turkish Guitar" patch to give you a small, fully playable preview of our Acoustic & Electric Saz libraries.
Iron Pack #03 [released May 8, 2014]
Pack 3 features 14 creative tuned percussion and atmospheric instruments (147 MB)- both short and sustained, each carefully sculpted from natural recordings we've made from a wide variety of resonant metal objects and surfaces. These highly flexible patches are perfect for all styles of music, from soundtrack scoring, to experimental and atmospheric music. The final preset in the set is an awesome metallic "drum kit", assembled from our huge Rust 3 metal library.
Iron Pack #04 [released May 14, 2014]
Pack 04 features 11 creative choral pads, synths and atmospheric instruments designed using symphonic children's choir recordings (88 MB). These highly flexible patches are perfect for any musical genre or sound design job. We've also included an inspiring and angelic boychoir sustain patch, with dynamically blended Ah and Oo vowels. It serves as a great introduction to our Mercury Symphonic Boychoir.
Iron Pack #05 [released June 3rd, 2014]Iron Pack 05 is built on a collection of electric baritone guitar multisample recordings previewing a future Soundiron release that we're currently working on. This edition features 12 unique plucked 6-string notes, evolving pads and atmospheric instruments, with over 200 MB of content. The natural plucked sustain presets encompass the baritone guitar's natural range and beyond - both clean and distorted - while the ambient and sound designed content takes the sound in whole new directions.
Iron Pack #06 [released June 24th, 2014]Iron Pack 06 features 12 unique ambient pads and experimental tonal drones created from manipulated traditional Indian Venu and Native American wooden flute recordings. There are also two acoustic flute instruments, with playable chromatic sustains and live phrases, trills and effects. This 214 MB library for Kontakt and SFZ includes 50 standard pcm wav samples that can be used in any .wav-compatible environment.
Iron Pack #07 [released July 10th, 2014]Iron Pack 07 features 11 unique ambient pads and tonal drones created from our premier solo soprano library, Voice Of Rapture: The Soprano , featuring vocalist Nichole Dechaine. There are is also two additional classic acoustic vocal presets, with playable chromatic Ah vowel sustains and a selection of live performance phrases. This 131 MB library for Kontakt and SFZ includes 51 standard pcm wav samples that can be used in any .wav-compatible environment.
Iron Pack #08 [released September 24th, 2014]Iron Pack #8 is built on a tuned chromatically recorded hand-played water vase set. It's a crisp, yet warm tuned percussion instrument, with a rounded attack and crystalline sustain. In addition to the acoustic preset, there are also 11 unique ambient pads, leads and atmospheres, each created using the raw source recordings. This 157 MB library for Kontakt and SFZ includes 65 standard pcm wav samples that can be used in any wav-compatible environment.