This deep sampled collection is dedicated to shakers, rattles and bell tree percussion. The fuzzy, buzzy, sandy-sounding “chuff”, “shuck” and “jingle” of hand-held shakers and bells is an essential part of orchestral, latin, electronic, hip hop and even rock music.
We found, collected and even hand-made 14 different instruments for this library, covering the whole spectrum of shaker instruments. We included deep sampled strikes and shakes for custom rhythm creation. We also captured sustaining rolls, grooves and gliss effects, in both natural and host-tempo synching arrangements. We also included a bonus collection of ambient drones and percussive elements created by heavily manipulating the shake source material. Originally released by Tonehammer in 2009, this library is meant to deeply explore an under-represented niche of percussion and finally allow composers and electronic musicians instant access to truly life-like sound and playability. It's the perfect addition to any serious composer's core instrument arsenal. We also made sure to include a variety of metal percussion, which is the perfect high-pitch compliment to epic percussion scoring.
Shake features custom automation attached to the modwheel and front panel “shaping” knob. The control is context-sensitive for each instrument and articulation type. For the multi-sample shakes, strikes and longer single-shot effects, the control tightens attack and release, allowing you to seamlessly morph between relaxed glisses and pops to sharper, crisper staccato shakes and hits. For the sustaining rolls and grooves, the modwheel/shape control allows you to control tonal intensity and create custom crescendos. All rolls and grooves have release trigger samples. Most instruments also include a front-panel “stepping” control knob, which allows semi-tone pitch adjustment by up to +/- 24 semitones.
- Large concert sleigh bell tree (1 shake / strike combo. 13 sustaining rolls and grooves)
- Small concert sleigh bell tree (3 types of single shakes and strikes. 16 sustaining rolls and grooves)
- Small_Hand_Sleigh_Bells (3 types of single shakes and strikes. 13 sustaining rolls and grooves)
- Wicker basket bell shaker (5 types of single shakes and strikes. 13 sustaining rolls and grooves)
- Wrist sleigh bells (2 types of single shakes and strikes. 5 sustaining rolls and grooves. 19 single-shot strike and spin effects)
- Long bell garland (3 types of single shakes and strikes. 13 sustaining rolls and grooves)
- Dual egg shaker (4 types of single shakes and strikes. 26 sustaining roll loops and grooves)
- Gourd (3 types of single shakes and strikes. 12 sustaining rolls and grooves)
- Goat hoof rattle (2 types of single shakes and strikes. 33 sustaining rolls and grooves. 32 single-shot glisses / effects)
- Paddle tamborines (2 sets, 5 types of single shakes and strikes. 26 sustaining rolls and grooves)
- Pumpkin bell shaker (3 types of single shakes and strikes. 2 sustaining rolls)
- Large cholla rainstick (3 types of single shakes and strikes. 11 sustaining rolls and grooves. 45 single-shot glisses / effects)
- Small capado rainstick (2 types of single shakes and strikes. 12 sustaining rolls and grooves. 20 single-shot glisses / effects)
- Shaken Ambi-drums (custom designed like acoustic sounding 808)
- Shaken ambiences (custom sound-designed ambient droning instruments, with modwheel-based filter expression control)
- Bonus ambient droning instruments
- Bonus custom sound-designed / “synthetic” percussion
- Custom articulation and performance controls
- Also includes: Tempo-synching, Tuned and Lite instrument programs
This library is designed for the full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt 3.5 or later. Kontakt is an industry-standard advanced virtual instrument / software sampler platform. Learn more about Kontakt by Clicking Here
Check out screenshots of our custom graphical user interface for Kontakt in the image gallery above. They provide a wide range of sound shaping parameter controls, each one totally automation-ready in your host environment or Kontakt's stand-alone mode.
This is a standard Kontakt open-format library, so the free Kontakt Player doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library. However, the sample directories are fully accessible to allow user customization, import and mapping into other wav-compatible software, sampler and synth formats.
The special Libraries tab doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library, but you can use the standard File browser tab, or import this library into the Kontakt database and Quickload tools for easy navigation, loading and organization.
- 1.24 GB installed
- 2,321 Samples
- 46 .nki instrument files
- 24 bit / 44.1kHz uncompressed PCM wav samples
- Unlocked Kontakt presets and wav samples to allow user customization
- Includes a bonus collection of custom sound-designed ambiences, drones and special FX presets
Includes a free bonus collection of custom sound-designed ambiences.
The full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt version 3.5 (or later) is required to use .nki instrument presets included in this library. The free Kontakt "Player" and "Add Library" import process do not support this standard open-format Kontakt library. Windows XP or higher. Mac OSX 10.6 or higher. Dual Core CPU, 2 GB System Ram, SATA or SSD hard drive recommended for this library.