The Beat Boxer
The Beat Boxer is a combination deep, multi-sampled percussion and solo vocal performance library. It captures the raw, urban human drum machine that is a beatboxer through a combination of multi-sampled round robin articulations and a variety of authentic performance loops. From kick drums to snares, robots to turntables and beyond, The Beat Boxer provides a fresh, organic and extremely playable instrument suitable for all composers. This hybrid multisample/groove library transforms the creative vocal art of up-and-coming East Bay beatboxer "JBox" (Jerry Girard) into a flexible and detailed virtual instrument.
The Beat Boxer was recorded in a close, totally dry studio environment with both dynamic and condenser microphones to capture every subtle nuance of the performance. We then carefully prepared and edited each sample and hand-programmed each element into an unrivaled performance interface that delivers both efficiency and control. We’ve also included our comprehensive FX Rack panel, with multi-effects, compression, EQ, amp/speaker simulation and convolution reverb, featuring dozens of our most popular custom recorded rooms, halls, cathedrals and otherworldly fx impulses easily available right through the interface. The Beat Boxer brings together superior programming and quality to transform a highly-nuanced and specialized instrument into an unprecedented and truly unmatched percussive/vocal library.
The Beat Boxer features 100+ articulations and 11 instrument types, each with an average 12x round robin variations to bring you the total beatboxing package. Every articulation was recorded with 2 different microphones (condenser and dynamic), each with fully independent volume, panning and routing controls through our advanced custom user interface. Our powerful Midi Loop playback engine allows you to load up an existing midi groove and customize the quantization, swing and velocity attenuation on-the-fly. The main "Ensemble All" preset also features full remapping capability, user map saving/loading and ships with standard presets for popular midi drum programs.
Our powerful custom user interface gives you full control over the performance; users can control volume, attack softness/hardness, release time, sample start offset, velocity attenuation and humanization. Our Uberpeggiator arpeggiation system allows users to quickly create grooves and gives full control over a wide range of parameters as well has user preset saving and loading. Our Megamixer is a powerful drumkit creator with user kit saving and loading; it features 12 different articulation slots, each with independent volume, attack, offset, attenuation, pitch, tuning and key range and memory optimization to load only what you need.
We've also included a selection of authentic live performance and augmented glitch grooves. Like the multi-samples, these loops feature 2 completely independent microphone positions each with full volume, panning and routing control. All performance loops feature full time-stretching and tempo-syncing capabilities selectable from within the UI. The loops also feature our powerful Phrase Sequencer which allows for up to 32 slots, each with independent start, end and pitch controls. Finally, we contorted the source recordings into a broad selection of ambiences, drones, atmospheres and special FX instruments.
Jerry Girard - stage name “Jbox” - is a young and upcoming beatbox artist based near Oakland, CA. He was recorded here in the San Francisco Bay area by engineer Andre Frazier in Emeryville, CA. You can follow Jerry on Twitter at @jboxrhythms and at www.facebook.com/jboxbeats and check out more of Andre's work at http://www.thesouldojo.com.
- 2 mic positions (dynamic & condenser) w/independent volume, panning and routing
- 100+ multi-sampled articulation types across 11 "drum" types
- An average of 12x round robins each
- Midi Groove playback system featuring quantization, swing and velocity attenuation
- Midi remapping system with user map saving and loading
- Uberpeggiator arpeggiation system for quick groove creation.
- Megamixer 12-slot drumkit creator with user kit saving and loading
- Midi remapping system with user map saving and loading
- Special SFX preset type with extra single-shot hits from all articulations.
- 100 authentic live performance loops
- 108 augmented glitch, breakcore and fx loops
- Loop presets allow pitch transposition, pattern sequencing, x-blending, tempo-synching/time-stretching, offset/release shaping and more.
- Phrase sequencer allows for per-slot phrase start and end markers for unlimited flexibility.
- Convenient real-time visual wave-form display in every Loop preset.
- 104 Midi Grooves by Sashca Knorr, Si Begg, Dirk Ehlert, Brad Jerkins and Sean Gordon.
- Tons of bonus vocal Ambiences, Atmospheres, Tuned Pads and other custom melodic instruments.
- Swell, Attack, Release, Offset, Attenuation and Humanization controls allow for real-time dynamic performance shaping.
- Full Multi-FX rack panel with Chorus, Compression, Distortion, Amp and Cab simulation, EQ, Delay and Reverb
- Our Reverb rack unit includes 25 unique creative FX convolutions and 45 excellent live rooms, studios, chambers, cathedrals, halls and other real-world environments, with flexible tone, size and mix controls.
- Fully automatable, with customizable key switch and GUI controls.
This library is designed for the full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt 5.1.0 or later. Kontakt is an industry-standard advanced virtual instrument / software sampler platform. Learn more about Kontakt by Clicking Here
Check out screenshots of our custom graphical user interface for Kontakt in the image gallery above. They provide a wide range of sound shaping parameter controls, each one totally automation-ready in your host environment or Kontakt's stand-alone mode.
This is a standard Kontakt open-format library, so the free Kontakt Player doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library. However, the sample directories are fully accessible to allow user customization, import and mapping into other wav-compatible software, sampler and synth formats.
The special Libraries tab doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library, but you can use the standard File browser tab, or import this library into the Kontakt database and Quickload tools for easy navigation, loading and organization.
- 1.25 GB Installed
- 4,416 Samples
- 24 Kontakt 5.1 .nki instrument presets
- 24 bit / 48kHz uncompressed PCM wav audio
- Unlocked Kontakt presets and wav samples to allow user customization
The full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt version 5.1.0 (or later) is required to use .nki instrument presets included in this library. The free Kontakt "Player" and "Add Library" import process do not support this standard open-format Kontakt library. Windows 7 or higher. Mac OSX 10.7 or higher. Dual Core CPU, 3 GB System Ram, SATA or SSD hard drive recommended for this library.