The Musique Box is a complete collection of deeply sampled music boxes with extended content, powerful interface and cutting-edge features. We recorded 11 music boxes in different environments and configurations, from dry studio to lush concert hall, and even submerged underwater. We then manipulated the sound to create a wide range of additional atmospheric sustains, pads and ambient instruments, plus an array of tuned ambient pads, evolving atmospheres and unique dynamic FX to open up a wealth of creative possibilities right out of the box. Our goal wasn't to simply deliver the most comprehensive music box library possible, but to provide a valuable creative resource that turns these humble music boxes into heavy duty compositional power tools. Next to The Musique Box, the rest are just toys.
All of the music boxes can be easily loaded and shaped within the master preset. You can create and blend new instruments instantly in real-time, with full control over every aspect of each sound layer directly on the front panel. We've extended the note range to span the full scale, exposing powerfully rich bass tones and tight, percussive high notes well outside the limits of an ordinary music box. We've also included sustaining tuned ambient pads and evolving atmospheres and a set 8 stylized special-effect music boxes in the BoxFX bank, with special parameter shaping on the modwheel. The library also features 10 bonus custom presets including the bright Glockencelest and haunting Glass Armonica. These demonstrate some of the limitless creative potential you'll find in the main Musique Box preset with just a few knob turns.
The Effects control panel provides parametric EQ and convolution reverb, with dozens of integrated convolution environmental and FX impulses to choose from. You can place the instruments in a wide selection of different natural and other-worldly environments, with 45 real-world environments, halls and rooms and 25 sound design FX impulses. The Uberpeggiator system gives you freestyle and 32-step tempo-synched humanized arp, groove and auto-roll creation, chord, direction and key constraint and custom pattern saving/loading.
- Dry – a close, warm dry sound
- Hollow – with a wooden resonance chamber
- Large Hall – recorded in a large scoring hall
- Raspy – with naturally rough imperfections
- Small Hall – recorded in a bright tile hall
- Steel Pot – with a large metal chamber
- Stringy – mounted to strings
- Tank – with tuned steel drum chamber
- Chamber – a large wooden chamber in a hall.
- Glass – with a large glass resonator.
- Submerged – played underwater in a bathtub.
- Winding – lots of mechanical winding sfx
The Musique Box also includes a large collection of bonus content and creative features you won't find anywhere else:
- 24 sustaining tuned sound design instruments, atmospheres, tonal ambiences and special effects
- 8 FX banks with special dynamic parameter shaping on the modwheel
- 10 added custom nki presets that explore the extended features
- 70 custom environmental, room and FX reverbs integrated into every preset
- The Uberpeggiator meta-arp system with velocity step sequencer, humanization, adaptive modes, roll simulation, chord and scale control and custom pattern loading (K5 only)
You’ll need the full retail version of Kontakt 5 or later to use the nki presets in this libary. We've also included legacy K4 versions of the main presets as well for Kontakt 4 users. Kontakt is an industry-standard advanced virtual instrument / software sampler platform. Learn more about Kontakt by Clicking Here
Check out screenshots of our custom graphical user interface for Kontakt in the image gallery above. They provide a wide range of sound shaping parameter controls, each one totally automation-ready in your host environment or Kontakt's stand-alone mode.
This is a standard Kontakt open-format library, so the free Kontakt Player doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library. However, the sample directories are fully accessible to allow user customization, import and mapping into other wav-compatible software, sampler and synth formats.
The special Libraries tab doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library, but you can use the standard File browser tab, or import this library into the Kontakt database and Quickload tools for easy navigation, loading and organization.
- 2.16 GB installed
- 1680 Samples
- 13 Kontakt 4.2.4 .nki instrument presets (legacy)
- 13 Kontakt 5.1 .nki instrument presets
- 24 bit / 48kHz uncompressed PCM wav samples
- Unlocked Kontakt presets and wav samples to allow user customization
- 70 Integrated Custom Convolution Reverb and FX Impulses and FX
- Includes a bonus collection of custom sound-designed ambiences, drones and special FX presets, in an advanced Kontakt user interface with full automation support.
The full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt version 4.2.4 (or later) is required to use the .nki instrument presets included in this library. However, some features require Kontakt 5.1 or later. The free Kontakt "Player" and "Add Library" import process do not support this standard open-format Kontakt library. Windows XP or higher. Mac OSX 10.6 or higher. Dual Core CPU, 2 GB System Ram, SATA or SSD hard drive recommended for this library.