The Soundiron High School Drumcorps is a multi-sample drum library focused on capturing the powerful, tight sound of small marching band drum line. There’s a certain unique punch to those hard mid-tones with that truncated dry snap of marching snares and bass drums. It’s quite distinct from the solid, pleasing punch and smooth resonance of typical rock, jazz and symphonic percussion. These drums are meant to be heard loud and clear from a great distance, delivered with the staccato snap of a military formation.
Mike was a marching percussionist back in his youth. To capture this library, he returned to his old alma mater many years later to capture the feeling and sound of playing in a small marching drum corps live and in the flesh Our goal was not simply to capture the sound of watching the band from the bleachers, but to put you right there in the drum line yourself, all the way from the rehearsal hall to out onto the field on game day. Our goal was not simply to capture the sound of watching from the bleachers, but to put you right there in the drum line yourself.
- Indoor and Outdoor Recording, with Football Field and Band Rehearsal Hall locations
- Marching Snare (field): strike, flam, rim shot and rimclick, looping double-stroke rolls w/ release samples, 5-6 velocities, 10x round-robin per velocity layer
- Marching Snare (hall): strike, flam tight, flam loose, rimclick, rimclick flam, looping double-stroke roll and crescendo sustains w/ release, short crescendo rolls, 8-11 velocities, 10x round-robin per velocity
- 5 Tuned Marching Bass Drums (field): 20" – 36" diameter pitched drums with hard mallets, strike & rimclick, looping & crecendo roll w/ release, 6-8 velocities, 10x round-robin
- 48" Concert Bass Drum (hall): soft mallet strike on cowhide skin, 6 velocities, 10x round-robin
- Full Bass, Snare and Quad Ensemble (field): Unison strikes and rimclicks, 7-9 velocities, 10x round-robin
- Full Bass, Snare and Quad Ensemble (hall): Unison strikes and rimclicks, 8-11 velocities, 10x round-robin
- Field Recordings and soundscapes of 10 general parade crowd ambiences
Our custom UI for Kontakt provides custom ensemble building, note release control, a variety of different environmental convolution impulses and lots of other tone shaping features, providing you the freedom to sculpt your own performance. The powerful Megamixer interface lets you to create custom ensembles with up to 12 drums, with individual key-mapping, tuning, panning, release control, shaping and mixing and dynamic sample loading for optimal resource use. It also includes a specialized version of our Uberpeggiator arp system, with our intuitive "EZ-Roll" mode to generate dynamic bpm-based single-stroke rolls and flams, with velocity swelling, humanization control and much more.
This library is designed for the full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt 4.2 or later. Kontakt is an industry-standard advanced virtual instrument software platform. You can view screenshots of this library's custom graphical user interface in the image gallery above. This library is packed with features to provide you a wide range of sound shaping parameter controls, each one totally automation-ready in your host environment or Kontakt's stand-alone mode. Learn more about Kontakt by Clicking Here.
This is a standard Kontakt open-format library, so the free Kontakt Player does not fully support it and can only run it in a limited "demo mode". However, the sample directories are unlocked so you can use them in other wav-compatible software, sampler and synth formats. The special Libraries tab doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library, but you can use the standard File browser tab and import this library into the Kontakt Quickload window for easy loading and navigation.
- Product Version 2.0
- 957 MB installed
- 1,523 Samples (standard pcm wav)
- 10 .nki files (unlocked format)
- 24 bit / 44.1kHz stereo PCM wav format
- Format(s): Kontakt 4.2.4 .nki and pcm .wav
- Includes a free bonus collection of live parade and marching band field recordings & soundscapes.
The full retail version of Kontakt 4.2.4 or later is required.to use .nki instrument presets included in this library. The free Kontakt "Player" and "Add Library" import process do not support this standard open-format Kontakt library. Windows XP or later. Mac OSX 10.7 or later. Dual Core CPU, 2 GB System Ram, SATA or SSD hard drive recommended for this library. Click Here to learn about the differences between the full unlocked version of Kontakt and limited Kontakt Player.
Note: This software is delivered as a digital download. A broadband internet connection is required. Please see our Help Page for licensing information, download and installation instructions, tutorials and to read our End User Licensing Agreement before ordering. All sales are final.