The idea of the washing machine as a piece of musical equipment, while not unheard of, has been fairly limited in its scope. Generally you'll see the white cube playing a rudimentary spin cycle beat behind a mediocre guitarist who is only vaguely aware of the naturally occurring music which is constantly present in our modern human environment. The washing machine will play this beat dutifully, knowing that it isn't respected for musical talent like its ancestor the washboard. We spend so much less time with the modern washing machine, than the folks of previous generations did with the washboard, that we've become coldly detached from it. The washing machine happily does all the work, never complaining, and still we complain about laundry day. If we just took a little time to talk to our washing machines we may find out that they are treasure troves of musical potential.
The broad variety percussion instruments we've given you represent a fair cross-section of the breadth of its acoustic capabilities, with everything from soft, gong-like, harsh, warbly, trashy, tight, muted, dreamy, bassy, to warm and sweet tones.
Tuned Percussion - Featuring tuned/untuned mode select, a full range of sound-shaping controls and Überpeggiator, and master washing machine percussion ensemble preset
- Bang (10rr, 6 velocities)
- Click (10rr, 2 velocities)
- Finger (10rr, 4 velocities)
- Flat (10rr, 6 velocities)
- Harsh (10rr, 6 velocities)
- Knock (10rr, 4 velocities)
- Lid Drop (10rr, 3 velocities)
- Lid Slam (10rr, 2 velocities)
- Muted (10rr, 6 velocities)
- Plonk (10rr, 4 velocities)
- Plucked string type A (10rr, 6 velocities)
- Plucked string type B (10rr, 4 velocities)
- Ringing (10rr, 6 velocities)
- Side Pound (10rr, 4 velocities)
- Side Tap (10rr, 3 velocities)
- Slam (10rr, 6 velocities)
- Soft (10rr, 5 velocities)
- Swipe FX (10rr, 5 velocities)
Bowed - Featuring adjustable psuedo-legato and sound-shaping controls
- Airy Hiss
- Cold Air Vent
- Dry Motor
- Hot Air Vent
- Shrill Buzz
- Squeaking Drag
- String Buzz
- Staccato Überpeggiator w/round-robin
FX - 200 MB of unique textural sound design, all with a full range of performance and tone-shaping controls
- 11-layer Milti-ambient bank, with independent drone crossfading and multi-layered dynamic swelling
- 8 additional custom-shapable sound-designed lead and pad “synths”
- 5 unique FX Percussion presets
- Over 100 unique mechanical washing machine sounds
- Gurgles, sucks, sloshes, sprays, drains, fills
- Pounding, slamming, roaring
- Spin-ups and downs
- Beeps, clicks, whirrs, hums, clanks and blasts
This library is designed for the full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt 3.5 or later. Kontakt is an industry-standard advanced virtual instrument software platform. You can view screenshots of this library's custom graphical user interface in the image gallery above. This library is packed with features to provide you a wide range of sound shaping parameter controls, each one totally automation-ready in your host environment or Kontakt's stand-alone mode. Learn more about Kontakt by Clicking Here.
This is a standard Kontakt open-format library, so the free Kontakt Player does not fully support it and can only run it in a limited "demo mode". However, the sample directories are unlocked so you can use them in other wav-compatible software, sampler and synth formats. The special Libraries tab doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library, but you can use the standard File browser tab and import this library into the Kontakt Quickload window for easy loading and navigation.
- 1.22 GB Installed
- 1045 Samples
- 47 Kontakt 3.5 .nki instrument presets
- 24 bit / 44.1 kHz uncompressed PCM wav audio
- Unlocked Kontakt presets and wav samples to allow user customization
- Includes a bonus collection of custom sound-designed special FX presets, as well as our favorite custom convolution reverb impulses and an advanced Kontakt user interface with full automation support.
The full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt version 3.5 (or later) is required to use .nki instrument presets included in this library. The free Kontakt "Player" and "Add Library" import process do not support this standard open-format Kontakt library. Windows XP or higher. Mac OSX 10.6 or higher. Dual Core CPU, 2 GB System Ram, SATA or SSD hard drive recommended for this library.
Note: This software is delivered as a digital download. A broadband internet connection is required. Please see our Help Page for licensing information, download and installation instructions, tutorials and to read our End User Licensing Agreement before ordering. All sales are final.
Laundronium Explained by Solonoid Studio
"Visions" - Soundiron Competition Entry - Tyler Koontz