Rust Vol. 1 is an eclectic collection of metal impact and tuned percussion recorded in a variety of natural environments. This first volume focuses on classic small objects and found sounds. You'll find metal racks, paint cans, soda cans, magnetic balls, steel pipes, brass hardware, a musical saw and odd bits of furniture, along with large structures like mine shaft gates, steel tunnels, towering stairways and massive structural I-Beams.
We’ve incorporated a full range of user controls to allow you total sonic control, as well as a custom set of sound-designed ambient textures and sustains. Our powerful Uberpeggiator allows complex, adaptive arpeggiations and you’ll find tempo-syncing resonant filter and volume LFOs build into nearly every preset. We’ve also included a parametric EQ and convolution reverb with over 50 room and FX impulses to choose from instantly. The Megamixer preset lets you dynamically layer and blend up to 10 instruments at a time, each with custom range and tuning to create your own ensembles, drum kits and acoustic blends. The UI also features tons of custom convolution reverb impulses of a wide variety of halls, rooms and special effects.
- Black Diamond Mine Shaft – Bare handed pounding on the sides of a sand mine air shaft, outdoor.
- Gigantic Bottles and Iron Chairs – metal and glass pounding on tile and glass surfaces in a large hall.
- Brass Rail – Bare hands playing on a thin 4 foot long brass railing, muted and sustained in a dry room.
- Saint Louis City Museum Caverns – Bare hands slapping on interior walls of giant steel tunnels
- Coins – A whole lot of quarters in a small, bright hall.
- Crowbar Strike – A standard 24” crowbar on concrete, close mic’d in a dry studio room.
- Dolphin Point Bridge – Bare hands on the railing and support beams of a 100 foot long pedestrian bridge over a bayfront waterway.
- Dumpster / Junkyard Orchestra – Hands, sticks, mallets and hammers against dumpsters and other junk.
- Galvanized Nipples – galvanized steel pipes played against each other in a dry studio room.
- Metal Racks – Large steel mesh equipment racks, played with drum sticks and wire, recorded in a semi-dry studio room.
- Monkey Balls – Hematite egg thingies, banging together in a small, dry room.
- Tuned Paint Can – An empty steel paint can, played bare handed in a small, dry studio room.
- Bowed Saw – A standard saw played with a 4/4 scale violin bow in a small, bright hall.
- Soda Can Tabs – Soda can tabs being plucked in a large, bright hall.
- Stairwell Railing – Long steel handrails being struck with hard felt mallets in a dark basement stairwell, close-mic'd.
- Tower Step Bang – Heavy work boots kicking a steel step in a 5 story glass tower, recorded from 40 feet up.
- UMSL Observatory kinetic sculpture – Bare hands slapping on the steel sides of a gigantic outdoor wind sculpture
- Willow Bridge – A long pedestrian bridge over a creak, played with bare hands, drumsticks and mallets.
This library is designed for the full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt 4.2 or later. Kontakt is an industry-standard advanced virtual instrument software platform. You can view screenshots of this library's custom graphical user interface in the image gallery above. This library is packed with features to provide you a wide range of sound shaping parameter controls, each one totally automation-ready in your host environment or Kontakt's stand-alone mode. Learn more about Kontakt by Clicking Here.
This is a standard Kontakt open-format library, so the free Kontakt Player does not fully support it and can only run it in a limited "demo mode". However, the sample directories are unlocked so you can use them in other wav-compatible software, sampler and synth formats. The special Libraries tab doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library, but you can use the standard File browser tab and import this library into the Kontakt Quickload window for easy loading and navigation.
- 2,724 Samples
- 24 nki instrument presets
- 1.74 GB installed
- 24 bit / 44.1kHz uncompressed PCM wav samples
- Unlocked Kontakt presets and wav samples to allow user customization
- Includes a bonus collection of custom sound-designed ambiences, drones and special FX presets, as well as our favorite custom convolution reverb impulses and an advanced Kontakt user interface with full automation support.
The full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt version 5.1.0 (or later) is required to use the Kontakt 5 .nki instrument presets included in this library. The full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt version 4.2.4 (or later) is required to use the Kontakt 4 .nki instrument presets included in this library. The free Kontakt "Player" and "Add Library" import process do not support this standard open-format Kontakt library. Windows XP or higher. Mac OSX 10.6 or higher. Dual Core CPU, 2 GB System Ram, SATA or SSD hard drive recommended for this library. This software is delivered as a digital download, so a broadband connection is required. All sales are final. Please see our Help Page for download and installation instructions, tutorials and the End User Licensing Agreement before ordering.
Reviews & Endorsements
"I especially enjoy the interesting and unique percussion instruments from SoundIron - everything from Iron Throne and Bamboo Sticks to AntiDrum and the Rust series."