Little Wooden Flutes
Welcome to Soundiron's Little Wooden Flutes! This soulful collection features an Indian Venu flute recorded in a dry studio environment as well as several Native American Plains flutes recorded in a large open sanctuary hall to provide a rich, natural reverb. We’ve also included a broad collection of outstanding atmospheric, synth and pad instruments hand-crafted from the raw flute recordings to provide even more creative possibilities. Carrying the spirit and soul of the flutes, these sounds offer excellent accompaniment and texture that can be used both with the flutes and in any number of other ways, in any style of music or sound design.
The Indian Venu flute is an ancient end-blown keyless transverse flute used widely in both modern and traditional Indian folk music. Primarily found in southern India, it is often depicted being played by the Hindu god Krishna. The Venu we recorded for this library is peculiar in that it is a 7 holed flute carved from rosewood, rather than the typical 8 hole bamboo material you’ll find in most venu flutes. This difference gives it a warmer, fuller sound. It is tuned in the key of C minor.
The Native American plains flutes we recorded were carved from walnut and cedar, in the keys of D and G minor. They are traditional end-blown 8-hole flutes, with two air chambers joined by a channel covered by an ornate block often called a “bird” or “fetish”. These flutes have a mellower, darker and generally softer sound, yet have the ability to produce powerful trills, overtones and chirps. Finally, we took the source material and contorted it into a broad selection of ambiences, drones, atmospheres, pads, leads and special FX instruments.
- 2 Dry mic types (cardioid & condenser) w/independent volume and panning
- 2 Hall mic positions (stage & far) w/independent volume and panning
- Normal, Trill and Overtone Multi-sampled Sustains with natural decay and infinite sustain
- Normal, Trill and Overtone Multi-sampled Staccatos
- Live performance phrases with pitch transposition, instant pattern sequencing, legato blending, tempo-synching/time-stretching, shaping and more.
- Phrase sequencer allows for per-slot phrase start and end markers for unlimited flexibility.
- Trills, Breaths, Chirps, Overtones and other flute effects.
- Special Extended Range Sustain "Pad" preset.
- Tons of bonus vocal Ambiences, Atmospheres, Tuned Pads and other custom melodic instruments crafted directly from the flute source.
- Swell control allows real-time dynamic performance shaping.
- Full Multi-FX rack panel with Chorus, Compression, Distortion, Amp and Cab simulation, EQ, Delay and Reverb
- Our Reverb rack unit includes 25 unique creative FX convolutions and 45 excellent live rooms, studios, chambers, cathedrals, halls and other real-world environments, with flexible tone, size and mix controls.
- Fully auto
This library is designed for the full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt 5.1 or later. Kontakt is an industry-standard advanced virtual instrument software platform. You can view screenshots of this library's custom graphical user interface in the image gallery above. This library is packed with features to provide you a wide range of sound shaping parameter controls, each one totally automation-ready in your host environment or Kontakt's stand-alone mode. Learn more about Kontakt by Clicking Here.
This is a standard Kontakt open-format library, so the free Kontakt Player does not fully support it and can only run it in a limited "demo mode". However, the sample directories are unlocked so you can use them in other wav-compatible software, sampler and synth formats. The special Libraries tab doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library, but you can use the standard File browser tab and import this library into the Kontakt Quickload window for easy loading and navigation.
- 3.06 GB Installed
- 1,921 Samples
- 15 .nki instrument presets
- 24 bit / 48kHz uncompressed PCM wav audio
- Format(s): Kontakt 5.1+ .nki and pcm .wav
- Open format to allow user customization
The full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt version 5.1.0 (or later) is required to use .nki instrument presets included in this library. The free Kontakt "Player" and "Add Library" import process do not support this standard open-format Kontakt library. Windows 7 or higher. Mac OSX 10.7 or higher. Dual Core CPU, 3 GB System Ram, SATA or SSD hard drive recommended for this library.
Note: This software is delivered as a digital download. A broadband internet connection is required. Please see our Help Page for licensing information, download and installation instructions, tutorials and to read our End User Licensing Agreement before ordering. All sales are final.
Soundiron Little Wooden Flutes Walk-through w/ Spencer Nunamaker