The Imbibaphones library is a unique spin on the classic musical wine glass. The contents typically contained in wine glasses have provided inspiration for musicians since the first time the two were formally introduced. The wine glass became popular as a musical instrument in the 18th century. We decided to interpret this concept in our own particular way. Instead of just using a set of wine goblets, we also sampled tuned percussion and resonant sustains with a martini glass, champagne flute, and after one happy accident, a broken glass. We captured natural sustaining finger rubbed notes and soft mallet strikes for each type of glass. We then applied a variety of effects to create atmospheres, pads and effects.
Imbibaphones comes complete with a variety of GUI features to allow deep real-time performance shaping. Imbibaphones captures the complex resonances that occur during the sustaining notes of each glass as well as the full bell-like sounds of each glass being hit with a mallet. Most sustaining notes were recorded at three different speeds which can be faded between using the modwheel. For version 2.0, we’ve fixed a variety of tuning issues and added a collection of expertly sound designed content created from the source material, featuring both short and looping articulations.
The Kontakt interface includes a suite of automation-ready sound-shaping controls to give you total creative flexibility. You have control over swell, attack, release, offset, vibrato, filter, pitch (coarse & fine), articulation switching, cross-fading and layering, and so much more. We've also included 20 unique sound-designed custom FX presets to give you lots of creative options.
This library comes with an adaptable LFO system, with selectable LFO shape, modulation target parameter, speed, intensity, tempo-syncing and fade-in time. You can also apply your choice of 12 lowpass, high-pass and FX filters, with assignable modulation targets such as velocity, modwheel, expression, after-touch, key position and step-sequencer table control. Our customizable arpeggiator offers a velocity table and control over arp direction, timing, swing, randomization and duration. We’ve included a key and scale lock system to constrain your notes to common scales and keys for easy melodic composition and live performance.
The interface is rounded-out by our modular FX rack panel, with 18 different DSP effect modules that you can assign in any of 10 available slots, in any order that you wish. You’ll find classic phaser, flanger, delay, distortion, amp and cab simulators, compressors, EQ, rotator and so much more. The Reverb effect includes our favorite convolution reverb impulse responses, including 99 different rooms, halls, chambers and outdoor environments, plus another 40 custom FX impulses to radically transform the sound and open up whole new worlds of musical possibility. We’ve added a great bank of FX rack chain factory presets to get you started!
- Martini Glass w/ Rubber Mallet – 10 round robin/6 velocity layers
- Red Wine Glass w/ Rubber Mallet – 10 round robin/6 velocity layers
- White Wine Glass w/ Rubber Mallet – 10 round robin/6 velocity layers
- Wine Glass Plucked – 10 round robin/5 velocity layers
- Champagne Flute Mallet – 10 round robin/6 velocity layers
- Harmonic multi-glass strike combos – 10 round robin/4 velocity layers
- Red Wine Glass rim sustains – recorded chromatically over an octave w/ 3 modwheel fading intensity layers and release samples
- White Wine Glass rim sustains – recorded chromatically over an octave w/ 3 modwheel fading intensity layers and release samples
- Broken Wine Glass w/ Mallet – 10 round robin/4 velocity layers
- Broken Wine Glass Stirring Shard loops w/ modwheel layer blending
- Bonus custom sound-designed ambiences, "synths", drones, and pads hand created and sculpted from the original raw source material.
- Standard non-compressed full-resolution PCM wav samples, conveniently organized and clearly-named following a standard and easily-understood file naming convention, so they're easy to use in software or hardware platform you wish.
This library is designed for the full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt 5.5 or later. Kontakt is an industry-standard advanced virtual instrument software platform. You can view screenshots of this library's custom graphical user interface in the image gallery above. This library is packed with features to provide you a wide range of sound shaping parameter controls, each one totally automation-ready in your host environment or Kontakt's stand-alone mode. Learn more about Kontakt by Clicking Here.
This is a standard Kontakt open-format library, so the free Kontakt Player does not fully support it and can only run it in a limited "demo mode". However, the sample directories are unlocked so you can use them in other wav-compatible software, sampler and synth formats. The special Libraries tab doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library, but you can use the standard File browser tab and import this library into the Kontakt Quickload window for easy loading and navigation.
- 1 master NKI instrument bank in open Kontakt format
- 20 Custom Sound-Designed FX and Ambient presets
- 1.58 GB Installed
- 823 Samples
- 24 bit / 48 kHz uncompressed PCM wav audio
- Flexible and intuitive multi-layer user interface controls, with LFO, filter, glide, and arpeggiator.
- Full FX rack with convolution reverb with custom rooms, halls, chambers & FX environments.
The full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt version 5.5 (or later) is required to use .nki instrument presets included in this library. The free Kontakt "Player" and "Add Library" import process do not support this standard open-format Kontakt library. Windows 7 or higher. Mac OSX 10.9 or higher. Dual Core CPU, 2 GB System Ram, SATA or SSD hard drive recommended for this library.
Note: This software is delivered as a digital download. A broadband internet connection is required. Please see our Help Page for licensing information, download and installation instructions, tutorials and to read our End User Licensing Agreement before ordering. All sales are final.
Imbibaphones 2.0 by Soundiron Walkthrough
Composing Using Imbibaphones With Nathan Boler
Imbibaphones | Pierre Augustin Vallin - Sugar Glass
Imbibaphones | Brad Jerkins - the First Snowfall