Our Tablas library is the most comprehensively sampled Tabla sample collection you'll find anywhere. This library contains both looped phrases as well as deeply multi-sampled tablas. The tabla is a popular Indian percussion instrument used in the classical, popular and devotional music of the Indian subcontinent and in Hindustani classical music. The instrument consists of a pair of hand drums of contrasting sizes and timbres. To call tabla a mere percussion instrument would be a vast understatement of its musical depth, as one of the most revered of all classical Indian musical instruments. We worked with tabla master and jazz percussionist Sameer Gupta to capture a range of tabla rhythm, melody and soul. Sameer has been a student and practitioner in the art of percussion for nearly 25 years, traveling the world to study and perform in some of the world's most prestigious institutions and venues.
This library was recorded close and dry, in a medium wood and masonry studio. We covered every classical tabla articulation and a variety of variants and creative alternatives for maximum flexibility. We've also developed custom performance control and pitch stepping functionality, further expanding the musical potential of this library. You'll also find a broad set of special effect and tuned melodic programs and mutations, as well as a mighty set of brand new morphable ambient drone instruments, crafted and sculpted from the heavily manipulated raw source recordings.
The multi-sampled portion of the library contains a staggering 2,333 individual samples. Included are master patches, which incorporate all of the tabla, bāyāñ and combo articulations into a single playable instrument. We've also included separate patches that are specific to each set: tabla, bāyāñ and combo. "Wet" versions for a few of the instruments are also included which incorporate a few of our custom-captured convolution reverb impulses to provide a more lush, ambient feel.
The looped phrases portion of the library contains over 1300 unique phrases. This spans over 2 hours of live tabla phrases exploring traditional and contemporary poly-rhythms and grooves. We recorded close and dry, in wide-stereo and covered a wide range of tempos. The instruments are tuned to Middle C, with key-switch pitch control to allow shifting by up to +/- 7 semitones.
NOTE: This library was originally published by Tonehammer in 2009 as two separate volumes: “Tablas Vol. 1 / Loops” and "Tablas Vol. 2 / Multi". We've combined them into a single unified Tablas library. Owners of either of the original volumes can Contact Us for upgrade info.
- 14 unique tabla articulations
- 20 unique bayan articulations and bend variation types
- 10 unique tabla-bayan combo articulations
- Deep programming and scripting features providing unparalleled realism and playability
- Custom re-tuning UI control, with instant automation support
- Custom playability UI control , with instant automation support
- Tunable traditional and realistic performance modes
- Large collection of bonus ambient droning instruments, with multi-layer mod-wheel morphing
- Bonus special effects & tuned melodic patches, opening up new musical possibilities for the tablas.
- True deep sampling, with up to 10 velocity layers per note, with 10 round-robin variations per layer.
- Key-switch pitch control allow shifting up to +/- 7 semitones.
- 13 uniquely recorded tabla rhythms speeds from 70bpm - 200bpm
- Key-switch pitch control allow shifting up to +/- 7 semitones
- Additional tuning and vocalized patches
- Over 1300 unique tabla phrases
This library is designed for the full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt 3.5 or later. Kontakt is an industry-standard advanced virtual instrument / software sampler platform. Learn more about Kontakt by Clicking Here
Check out screenshots of our custom graphical user interface for Kontakt in the image gallery above. They provide a wide range of sound shaping parameter controls, each one totally automation-ready in your host environment or Kontakt's stand-alone mode.
This is a standard Kontakt open-format library, so the free Kontakt Player doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library. However, the sample directories are fully accessible to allow user customization, import and mapping into other wav-compatible software, sampler and synth formats.
The special Libraries tab doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library, but you can use the standard File browser tab, or import this library into the Kontakt database and Quickload tools for easy navigation, loading and organization.
- 3.0 GB installed
- 3,688 Samples (standard pcm wav)
- 73 .nki files (unlocked format)
- 24 bit / 44.1kHz uncompressed PCM wav audio
- Unlocked Kontakt presets and wav samples to allow user customization
- Includes a bonus collection of custom sound-designed ambiences.
The full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt version 3.5 (or later) is required to use .nki instrument presets included in this library. The free Kontakt "Player" and "Add Library" import process do not support this standard open-format Kontakt library. Windows XP or higher. Mac OSX 10.6 or higher. Dual Core CPU, 2 GB System Ram, SATA or SSD hard drive recommended for this library. This software is delivered as a digital download, so a broadband connection is required. All sales are final. Please see our Help Page for download and installation instructions, tutorials and the End User Licensing Agreement before ordering.