Voice of Rapture: The Soprano represents a new benchmark in solo vocal sampling for classical operatic voices. Recorded with Soprano virtuoso Nichole Dechaine, this powerful 3.5 GB collection of fully playable chromatic content and emotionally charged melodic phrases gives you more creative freedom, expressive power and work-flow flexibility than any other solo operatic soprano vocal library you’ll find. Recorded in a warm studio environment, each articulation has been carefully programmed into our powerful performance system. This virtual solo voice instrument brings together superior programming, brilliant performances, unrivaled sonic quality and living, breathing soul into an unprecedented solo vocal solution.
Nichole Dechaine [music]
Nichole Dechaine received her Bachelor of Music degree from the University of Redlands and her Master of Music and Doctor of Musical Arts degrees in vocal performance from the University of California, Santa Barbara. She has performed a variety of leading roles in opera and musical theater productions, and regularly appears as soloist with numerous choirs, orchestras, and ensembles in the US and abroad. She enjoys working with many composers performing their works and recording for film. In addition to performing Dr. Dechaine teaches private voice and music courses at Westmont College and Santa Barbara City College and maintains an active private voice studio.
We captured 2 True Legato sustain types, with 'Ah' (forte) and 'Oo' (piano) vowels, using the full-sustain method for the highest level of quality and realism. The legato includes adjustable release samples, 3-voice polyphonic support and transition shaping. There are also standard Ah, Eh, Mm and Oh pure vowel sustains, with some vibrato and non-vibrato variants. You’ll also find nearly 2 dozen staccato syllables with precision note shaping and instant syllable switching. There are a dozen sustaining chromatic Latin chants, each with phrase-synchronized legato and instant word switching. All chromatic content spans a playable key range of over 2 octaves.
The Phrase section includes 867 improvised melodic phrases at 100 bpm, with automatic real-time tempo-synching or time-stretching modes. Phrases are included in the root keys of A, B, C, D, E, F and G (with both major and minor variants), with easy transposition control to fit most keys. You’ll find sections for vowel melodies, Latin melodies based on the traditional Angelic Salutation (“Hail Mary”) in Latin, French phrases based on the classic 19th century poem “Ici-bas” by René-François Sully-Prudhomme. And of course there are plenty of effects and performance elements to choose from, including whispers, breaths and more, as well as a deep selection of sound-designed ambiences, drones, atmospheres, pads and FX instruments. We’ve also included our comprehensive FX Rack panel, with multi-effects, compression, EQ, amp/speaker simulation and convolution reverb, featuring dozens of our most popular custom rooms, halls, chambers, cathedrals and unique FX impulses.
- Ah (f, w/vibrato) and Oo (p, no vibrato) natural true legato vowels with infinite sustain
- 23 Staccatos
- Ah, Eh, Mm, Oh and Oo vowel sustains non-vibrato (piano)
- Ah, Eh, Mm and Oh vowel sustains w/vibrato (forte)
- 12 full range Latin Polysustain chants w/releases & tempo-synching/time-stretching
- French, Latin and pure Vowel melodic phrases in the keys of A - G, with pitch transposition, instant pattern sequencing, legato blending, tempo-synching/time-stretching, shaping and more.
- Whistling melodic phrases with pitch transposition, instant pattern sequencing, legato blending, tempo-synching/time-stretching, shaping and more.
- Whispers, Breaths, Warm-ups and other vocal effects.
- Tons of bonus vocal Ambiences, Atmospheres, Tuned Pads and other custom melodic instruments crafted directly from Nichole's voice.
- Swell control allows real-time dynamic performance shaping.
- Full Multi-FX rack panel with Chorus, Compression, Distortion, Amp and Cab simulation, EQ, Delay and Reverb
- Our Reverb rack unit includes 25 unique creative FX convolutions and 45 excellent live rooms, studios, chambers, cathedrals, halls and other real-world environments, with flexible tone, size and mix controls.
- Fully automatable, with customizable key switch and GUI controls.
- Convenient real-time visual wave-form display in every preset.
This library is designed for the full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt 5.1 or later. Kontakt is an industry-standard advanced virtual instrument software platform. You can view screenshots of this library's custom graphical user interface in the image gallery above. This library is packed with features to provide you a wide range of sound shaping parameter controls, each one totally automation-ready in your host environment or Kontakt's stand-alone mode. Learn more about Kontakt by Clicking Here.
This is a standard Kontakt open-format library, so the free Kontakt Player does not fully support it and can only run it in a limited "demo mode". However, the sample directories are unlocked so you can use them in other wav-compatible software, sampler and synth formats. The special Libraries tab doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library, but you can use the standard File browser tab and import this library into the Kontakt Quickload window for easy loading and navigation.
- Product Version 1.0
- 3.5 GB Installed
- 3,852 Samples
- 46 Kontakt 5.1 nki instrument presets (35 K4 / 46 K5)
- 35 Kontakt 4.2 nki instrument presets (for backwards compatibility)
- 24 bit / 48kHz uncompressed PCM wav audio
- Unlocked Kontakt presets and wav samples to allow user customization
The full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt version 5.1.0 (or later) is required to use the Kontakt 5 .nki instrument presets included in this library. The full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt version 4.2.4 (or later) is required to use the Kontakt 4 .nki instrument presets included in this library. The free Kontakt "Player" and "Add Library" import process do not support this standard open-format Kontakt library. Windows XP or higher. Mac OSX 10.6 or higher. Dual Core CPU, 2 GB System Ram, SATA or SSD hard drive recommended for this library. This software is delivered as a digital download, so a broadband connection is required. All sales are final. Please see our Help Page for download and installation instructions, tutorials and the End User Licensing Agreement before ordering.
Soundiron Voice of Rapture: The Soprano - Demo Walk-through by RyanScully
Reviews & Endorsements
"I have been obsessed with Soundiron’s Voices of Gaia and Rapture vocal libraries for a while now. I’ve used them extensively for mock ups and even recordings. All of their libraries are designed with authenticity, well developed interfaces, and fun features like arpeggiation with the composer in mind."