M1 Garand Rifle is an experimental hybrid percussion/sfx instrument designed for professional sound designers, composers, re-recording mixers and music producers. It combines the real-time playability, musicality and control of a virtual instrument with the accessibility and flexibility of a classic professional-grade sound effect library, delivered in a convenient a la cart package for easy download and integration into your workflow. This library is designed to be your M1-in-a-Box, with everything you need in one easy solution. However, since it's recorded in a dry, neutral environment, its ready for easy mixing with other sound libraries. And as always, we explore each sound effect category in great depth, to provide an organic, non-repetitive and lifelike result that is especially ideal for video game sound design and film audio post production, or for use in more unorthodox applications, such as concert percussion. While the sounds are authentic and specific to their source for those doing period work, they can easily be manipulated and employed in any number of other ways.
The .30 Caliber M1 Garand rifle is a classic military firearm that was widely used by the United States during World War II and throughout the mid 20th century. Invented by Canadian-born John Cantius Garand, it was the first semi-automatic infantry rifle fielded widely by any nation and served as the primary infantry weapon for the US and a number of it's allies throughout the war. Following WWII, the rifle continued to see service in both the United States military and in the armed forces of a number of nations around the world well into the late 60s and 70s, with a number of regional and specialized variants, until finally being phased out in favor of the M14 carbine and M16 rifle. The M1 is still used by USMC drill teams to this day.
Special thanks to the Texas Military Forces Museum at Camp Mabry, Austin, Texas, for allowing us to photograph one of their historic pieces.
- .30-06 Rifle Gunshot indoors (13 var.)
- .30-06 Rifle Gunshot outdoors (13 var.)
- Spent Brass Bounce on Concrete (18 variations)
- Spent Brass Bounce on Wood (29 variations)
- Butt and Handguard Grabs & Impacts (51 var.)
- Handle & carry rattles and clicks (16 var.)
- Heavy rifle shakes and rattles (8 variations)
- Action handling and ammo clip loading (119 var)
- Rack slide fast, w/ spent round eject (37 var.)
- Fast Bolt open and release cycle (24 var)
- Slow Bolt open and release cycle (43 variations)
- Bolt release and close hard (32 variations)
- Rifle Trigger clicks (20 variations)
- Rifle Safety Clicks (17 variations)
- Various metallic and wooden rattles, shakes clicks, slides, scrapes, scuffs and creaks.
- Round-robin variation and unique single-shot effects. Organized into 21 archive-ready bank wav files, with pre-regioned sound effects
This library is designed for the full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt 3.5 or later. Kontakt is an industry-standard advanced virtual instrument software platform. You can view screenshots of this library's custom graphical user interface in the image gallery above. This library is packed with features to provide you a wide range of sound shaping parameter controls, each one totally automation-ready in your host environment or Kontakt's stand-alone mode. Learn more about Kontakt by Clicking Here.
This is a standard Kontakt open-format library, so the free Kontakt Player does not fully support it and can only run it in a limited "demo mode". However, the sample directories are unlocked so you can use them in other wav-compatible software, sampler and synth formats. The special Libraries tab doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library, but you can use the standard File browser tab and import this library into the Kontakt Quickload window for easy loading and navigation.
- 166 MB installed
- 17 Kontakt 3.5 .nki instrument presets
- 42 Bonus custom convolution reverb impulses
- Standard sfx library configuration
- 450 SFX, with ready-to-extract regions
- 21 Pre-Regioned Broadcast Wav Files, ready to extract and export
- Deep bwf metadata, including keywords
- Unlocked Kontakt presets and wav samples to allow user customization
- Custom scripted user interface with full automation support
The full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt version 3.5 (or later) is required to use .nki instrument presets included in this library. The free Kontakt "Player" and "Add Library" import process do not support this standard open-format Kontakt library. Windows XP or higher. Mac OSX 10.6 or higher. Dual Core CPU, 1 GB System Ram, SATA or SSD hard drive recommended for this library.
Note: This software is delivered as a digital download. A broadband internet connection is required. Please see our Help Page for licensing information, download and installation instructions, tutorials and to read our End User Licensing Agreement before ordering. All sales are final.