Brad Hoyt's Harp Guitar
This library is a powerful completely multi-sample based full range 30-string acoustic harp guitar library. It offers truly nuanced single-note lead line playing, chord creation, rhythm building, gliss and strum performance, all with total real-time control and automation support. We sampled plucks, palm mutes, chokes, slides, glisses, scrapes, guitar body percussion and tons of other effects to fully capture every nuance of this exquisite instrument, with deep round-robin and velocity layering and total attention to detail. It was recorded up close and dry, in wide stereo through a matched pair of large studio Neumann microphones and Sound Devices preamps for maximum tone, fidelity and clarity. This also gives you the power to shape the sound to work in any arrangement and mix.
We sampled a custom-designed harp guitar commissioned by classical guitarist Brad Hoyt. This unique instrument, titled the "Arpa Viola Caipira", is the result of a four year design and construction process with master luthier Stephen Sedgwick from the U.K, based on Brad's concept drawings. With a massive and lush tone, wide key range, rich bass and pristine highs, it takes the entire concept of an acoustic guitar to new frontiers. Click To Watch this library in action!
This uniquely detailed Harp Guitar library gives you deep round-robin variation, responsive dynamic layering, world-class programming, true legato, auto-strumming, chord-buidling, adaptive arpeggiation, custom tuning and tons of other deep features. It's 11.8 GB installed, with 4,203 samples and a powerful GUI to fit your workflow and inspire your creativity.
Brad Hoyt is a composer, pianist and harp guitarist who has recorded with some of the world’s leading guitarists and jazz musicians. His first CD release in 2009 “Together Alone” featured duets with himself and 10 other harp guitarists. His most recent release “Far Away From Everyday” features 30 musicians from around the world including 3x Grammy winner Jeff Coffin, 2x Grammy winner Howard Levy, fingerstyle guitar masters Stephen Bennett, Phil Keaggy, Muriel Anderson, Antoine Dufour, Joscho Stephan and many more.
Brad is looking forward to combining elements from both tangible and virtual harp guitar performances in future compositions. Click Here for more info.
- 10-string acoustic guitar (5 double-courses).
- 10-string bass harp (5 double-courses).
- 10-string treble harp (5 double-courses).
- Deep multi-sampling of all strings, with up to 12x round robin and up to 7 velocity layers per note
- Plucks, Palm-mutes, Chokes, Slides, Hand Percussion, String Percussion, Glisses and Effects.
- True Legato slides.
- Realtime string selection / finger position control.
- Standard, exotic and custom tuning options.
- Advanced Performance preset for natural lead and rhythm playing and full instrument control.
- Strumulator chord building tools and live auto-strum performance system.
- Strum Pattern building, playback, saving and loading with up to 128 custom groove presets
- Easy Tuned Percussion master preset for full range zither-like playability, with a huge selection of different articulations, voicings, layering and blending options.
- Body and FX Percussion preset for full range percussion playability, with a huge selection of different articulations, voicings, layering and blending options.
- Our main performance controls give you the power to create living, breathing leads and intricate picking patterns.
- Our chord and strum creation tools use real multi-samples instead of static pre-recorded chords. This allow vastly more organic variation. We give you precision real-time strum speed, stroke direction, tightness and dynamic control, with an endless number of possible finger positions.
- Full Effects Rack with chorus, flange, compression, amp and cabinet simulation, distortion, delay and convolution reverb with dozens of room and fx impulses to choose from.
- Bonus: 40 sound-designed atmospheres, soundscapes, ambiences, pads and drones crafted from the natural guitar recordings.
This library is designed for the full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt 5.3.1 or later. Kontakt is an industry-standard advanced virtual instrument / software sampler platform. Learn more about Kontakt by Clicking Here
Check out screen-shots of our custom graphical user interface for Kontakt in the image gallery above. They provide a wide range of sound shaping parameter controls, each one totally automation-ready in your host environment or Kontakt's stand-alone mode.
This is a standard Kontakt open-format library, so the free Kontakt Player doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library. However, the sample directories are fully accessible to allow user customization, import and mapping into other wav-compatible software, sampler and synth formats.
The special Libraries tab doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library, but you can use the standard File browser tab, or import this library into the Kontakt database and Quickload tools for easy navigation, loading and organization.
Kontakt 5.3.1 is compatible with Windows 7 and later. Kontakt 5.3.1 is compatible with OSX 10.8 and higher. Click Here for more OSX requirement info.
- 11.8 GB Installed
- 4,203 Samples
- 11 Kontakt 5.3.1 .nki instrument presets
- 24 bit / 48kHz uncompressed PCM wav audio
- Unlocked Kontakt presets and wav samples to allow user customization
- Coming Soon!
The full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt version 5.3.1 (or later) is required to use .nki instrument presets included in this library. The free Kontakt "Player" and "Add Library" import process do not support this standard open-format Kontakt library. Windows 7 or higher. Mac OSX 10.8 or higher. Dual Core CPU, 3 GB System Ram, SATA or SSD hard drive recommended for this library.
Note: This digital product is delivered as a download via the Amazon S3 cloud network. A broadband internet connection is required. Please see our Help Page for licensing information, download and installation instructions, tutorials and to read our End User Licensing Agreement before ordering. All sales are final.