Olympus Symphonic Choir
Soundiron is proud to present the absolute pinnacle of professional choral sampling: The Olympus Symphonic Choral Collection. The Olympus Collection is a combination of our massive Mars Men's and Venus Women's Choirs, bundled together as a complete set. Olympus Collection represents the most complete and detailed choir sample library available anywhere, with sonic power and playability that cannot be matched. Olympus offers a superior range of detailed articulations, robust sonic presence and excellent true legato fluidity, all at an incredible price.
This collection covers a wide range of Latin, Russian (Slavonic) and Pure Vowel content, with a full set of chromatic articulations including sustains, marcatos, staccatos, true legato vowels, clusters, falls, swells, effects and a trio of stellar male soloists. In addition to the ensemble sections, you'll also find an excellent selection of 8 soloists for each standard vocal range: bass, tenor, alto and soprano. An of course, in addition to the comprehensive selection of traditional choral articulations, you'll find a wealth of useful FX and atmospheric content that can be often vital for modern music production and underscoring.
Working with Maestro Robert Geary, we recorded over 20 days at Montclair Presbyterian, high in the forested hills overlooking the San Francisco Bay, with a 63-voice hand-picked group of SF Symphony Chorus, SF Opera, SF Choral Society and Volti singers. Both Mars and Venus include a pair of wide stereo mic positions (stage/close and hall/far). These two master positions were carefully balanced and mixed using an array of 12 large diaphragm microphones set throughout the hall. This simplified routing is designed to give you the flexibility to incorporate the full-bodied sound easily and efficiently into your stereo or surround mix.
Olympus features a full 33-voice female chorus and 30-voice men's chorus, along with 8 soloists, singing in Latin and Slavonic (Russian liturgical), including a full range of standard vowel and consonant sounds. You'll also find true legato intervals for the ah, eh, oh, oo and mm vowel sounds, along with a large collection of both standard and unique choral effects (shouts, sweeps, clusters, etc.). There are 2 masterfully blended composite microphone distances to choose from and mix (close/stage and far/hall), carefully crafted from an array of 12 discreet large diaphragm Neumann Microphones. Olympus also features a unique bonus collection of Ambiences, Drones, Textures and FX content.
- 2 Room positions (close and far), created from a blend of 12 large diaphragm Neumann microphones
- Specifically designed for easy surround sound mixing, mix customization and resource efficiency
- A chorus of 63 professional singers from Volti, the SF Symphony Chorus and the SF Choral Society
- 2 Languages: Slavonic (Russian liturgical) and Latin
- Massive Marcato Builder System - Explore our fully customizable basic word-builder system with hundreds of possible sustaining word combinations. Combine a variety of attack, sustain and release consonant and vowel components and freely cross-fade between them.
- Combined Marcato/Staccato Phrase Builder with preset saving and the ability to store and cycle or keyswitch between up to 16 different user created sequences
- Dozens of Marcatos w/ deep round-robin and pp/fff dynamic layering
- Dozens of Staccatos w/ 4x round-robin
- Slavonic 100bmp Slow Polysustains w/ tempo-synching, legato & 2x rr releases
- Slavonic 140bpm Fast Polysustains w/ tempo-synching, legato & 2x rr releases
- Latin 100bmp Slow Polysustains w/ tempo-synching, legato & 2x rr releases
- Latin 140bpm Fast Polysustains w/ tempo-synching, legato & 2x rr releases
- Whispered Polysustains w/ tempo-synching, plus Staccatos and Marcatos
- Droning Polysustains w/ tempo-synching, plus Staccatos and Marcatos (dissonant, harmonic and atonal spoken)
- 4 Multi-dynamic True Legato Vowels: Ah, Eh, Oh, Oo
- Soft "Mm" True Legato Vowel
- Sustaining Half and Whole-tone trills w/ tempo-synching for the women's section
- A huge collection of choral shouts, risers, falls, sweeps, swells, clusters and other essential symphonic and experimental choral effects of all kinds.
- Over 20 unique sustaining vowels (ah, ay, eh, ee, ih, mm, oh, oo and more) with up to 4 independent round-robin variations on each attack, sustain and release element
- Bonus elements like "Amazing Grace", tonal metal hall percussion, convolution impulses and more.
- Nearly 42,000 samples
- Nearly 45 GB of content
- 699 individual nki presets
- 229 combo close/far mic nkm multi-instrument banks, for custom mixing and easy surround routing
- 2 Soprano Soloists and 3 Alto Soloists, singing in both Slavonic & Latin for the women.
- 1 Bass Soloists and 2 Tenor Soloists, singing in both Slavonic & Latin for the men.
- Each language includes of a full collection of Soloist articulations
- The Soloists feature a variety of staccatos, polysustains, trills, whisper effects and a deep collection of rich melodic phrases.
- Tempo-synching and time-stretching presets optimized for Kontakt 5
- A deep bonus collection of custom ambient soundscapes, drones, pads and atmospheres hand-crafted using the original choral source
- Integrated DSP effects and custom convolution impulses included
- Fully automatable custom user interface
- High speed Amazon download w/ alternate standard web server option
The Kontakt 5 presets in this library are designed for the full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt 5.1 or later. Owners of Kontakt 4 (version 4.2.4) can still use the Kontakt 4 presets we've included in this library, but they lack some tempo-synching, time-stretching and other newer engine features. Kontakt is an industry-standard advanced virtual instrument / software sampler platform. Learn more about Kontakt by Clicking Here
Check out screenshots of our custom graphical user interface for Kontakt in the image gallery above. They provide a wide range of sound shaping parameter controls, each one totally automation-ready in your host environment or Kontakt's stand-alone mode.
This is a standard Kontakt open-format library, so the free Kontakt Player doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library. However, the sample directories are fully accessible to allow user customization, import and mapping into other wav-compatible software, sampler and synth formats.
The special Libraries tab doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library, but you can use the standard File browser tab, or import this library into the Kontakt database and Quickload tools for easy navigation, loading and organization.
- 44.6 GB Installed
- 41,821 Samples
- 699 nki instrument presets
- 229 nkm multi-instrument banks
- 24 bit / 48kHz stereo PCM wav format
- Unlocked Kontakt presets and wav samples to allow user customization
- Format(s): Kontakt 4 & Kontakt 5 .nki and pcm .wav
- Mars and Venus also features a unique bonus collection of Ambiences, Drones, Textures and FX content, as well as a wide collection of new and classic custom convolution impulses integrated into every preset.
- Click here for English Venus Symphonic Choir pdf user manual
- Klicken Sie hier für das Venus Symphonic Choir deutsche Handbuch
- Click here for English Mars Symphonic Choir pdf user manual
- Klicken Sie hier für das Mars Symphonic Choir deutsche Handbuch
The full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt version 5.1.0 (or later) is required to use the Kontakt 5 .nki instrument presets included in this library. The full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt version 4.2.4 (or later) is required to use the Kontakt 4 .nki instrument presets included in this library. The free Kontakt "Player" and "Add Library" import process do not support this standard open-format Kontakt library. PC users need Windows XP or higher. Mac users need OSX 10.6 or higher. At least a dual core CPU, 4+ GB System Ram and a SATA or SSD hard drive is recommended for this library. This software is delivered as a digital download, so a broadband connection is required. All sales are final. Please see our Help Page for download and installation instructions, tutorials and the End User Licensing Agreement before ordering.