Mercury Symphonic Boys' Choir
The Mercury Symphonic Boy Choir is the single most comprehensive, playable and deeply-sampled children's choir library available anywhere. Mercury faithfully captures the sound of a traditional English boy's choir, with haunting lows and angelic highs. We recorded the award-winning Pacific Boychoir in a beautifully clear hall with conductor Robert Geary and choir director Kevin Fox, capturing a wide range of essential choral articulations.
Mercury features 42 staccato & 42 sustaining marcato syllables with round-robin, 18 tempo-syncing Latin poly-syllabic sustains with phrase-synchronus polyphonic legato, molto fortissimo poly-staccatos, 6 dynamic true legato vowels (ah, oh, oo, eh, ee, mm, whistling) with intercal transition speed control. The extended choral effects section includes drone and whisper articulations, trills, sweeps, swells, risers, falls and many other choral effects. You'll also find two exquisite soloists (younger soprano and older alto) with poly-syllabic phrases, staccatos and true legato sustains. The library also features 34 unique sound-designed pads and soundscapes crafted from the choral source, perfect for underscoring, layering and creating organic synth patches for edm and hybrid tracks
Owners of Mercury Boys' Choir Micro and Mercury Boys' Choir Elements are eligible for a great discount when they upgrade to the full Mercury Symphonic Boys' Choir for the full version of Kontakt! Email us for your upgrade details.
Mercury features a full boy's choral ensemble (ages 8-13) and 2 soloists, singing traditional Catholic Latin, including a full range of standard vowel and consonant sounds. Mercury has been mixed into 2 masterfully blended composite microphone distances (stage and hall), carefully blended from an array of 12 discreet large diaphragm Neumann Microphones, with wide pairs ranging in distance from 1 meter to 20 meters. Surround mixing is made simple, with the best balance between placement, flexibility and performance, without compromising the truly awesome sound these boys deliver. In addition to the true legato chorus sustains, all sustaining articulations in the library include 3-part polyphonic pseudo-legato (all vowel sustains, fast and slow polysustains, soloist vowel sustains, soloist slow and melodic poly-sustains).
Several presets include our custom Phrasemaster adaptive phrase-building system, which allows you to automatically progress through a sequence of staccato or marcato syllables, advancing to the next one each time you play a new note, with up to 16 sequencable presets that can be arranged, modified and triggered in realtime using automation and keyswitching. We're also proud to introduce our new Wordmaster system, a powerful marcato/staccato sequencing tool that let's you choose from 42 different words for two independent articulation layers and switch them from staccato to sustaining marcato at the push of a button or press of a keyswitch. It provides the convenience of instant word-building with the quality, realism and reliability of hand-tailored content.
- 2 Room positions (close and far), created from a blend of 12 large diaphragm Neumann microphones
- Specifically designed for easy surround sound mixing, mix customization and resource efficiency
- A chorus of 25 singers from the award-winning Pacific Boychoir.
- New Word Master System - an easy-to-use graphical interface that lets you choose from dozens of sustaining marcato words and staccato syllables on the fly, all with multi-layer selection and blending, legato, key-switching and more.
- Combined Marcato/Staccato Phrase Builder with preset saving and the ability to store and cycle or keyswitch between up to 16 different user created sequences
- 42 Marcatos w/ deep round-robin and pp/fff dynamic layering
- 42 Staccatos w/ 4x round-robin, including pp/fff dynamic layering on 6 core vowels
- 18 Traditional Latin Polysustains w/ tempo-synching, legato & 2x rr releases
- Whispered Polysustains
- Atonal Droning and Spoken Polysustains
- Dynamic Layered PP/FF True Legato Vowels (Ah, Oh, Oo, Eh, Ee and Mm)
- Classic Ensemble Whistle legato
- Unique FFF Poly-staccatos
- Tempo-synching and time-stretching presets optimized for Kontakt 5
- A deep bonus collection of custom ambient soundscapes, drones, pads and atmospheres hand-crafted using the original choral source
- Integrated DSP effects and custom convolution impulses included
- Fully automatable custom user interface
- 2 soloists, one young (soprano) and one older (alto).
- The Soloists feature a variety of staccatos, poly-syllabic phrases, and a fluid true legato vowel each.
This library is designed for the full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt 4.2 or later. Kontakt is an industry-standard advanced virtual instrument software platform. You can view screenshots of this library's custom graphical user interface in the image gallery above. This library is packed with features to provide you a wide range of sound shaping parameter controls, each one totally automation-ready in your host environment or Kontakt's stand-alone mode. Learn more about Kontakt by Clicking Here.
This is a standard Kontakt open-format library, so the free Kontakt Player does not fully support it and can only run it in a limited "demo mode". However, the sample directories are unlocked so you can use them in other wav-compatible software, sampler and synth formats. The special Libraries tab doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library, but you can use the standard File browser tab and import this library into the Kontakt Quickload window for easy loading and navigation.
- 15.5 GB Installed
- 14,605 Samples
- 77 Kontakt 4.2 nki instrument presets and Kontakt 5.1 nki advanced instrument presets (to allow tempo-synching and time-stretching features)
- 24 bit / 48kHz uncompressed PCM wav audio
- Unlocked Kontakt presets and wav samples to allow user customization
- Mercury also features a unique bonus collection of Ambiences, Drones, Textures and FX content, as well as a wide collection of new and classic custom convolution impulses integrated into every preset.
- Click here for pdf user manual
- Click here for a full feature comparison chart between each of our choral products.
The full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt version 5.1.0 (or later) is required to use the Kontakt 5 .nki instrument presets included in this library. The full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt version 4.2.4 (or later) is required to use the Kontakt 4 .nki instrument presets included in this library. The free Kontakt "Player" and "Add Library" import process do not support this standard open-format Kontakt library. Windows XP or higher. Mac OSX 10.6 or higher. Dual Core CPU, 4 GB System Ram, SATA or SSD hard drive recommended for this library.
Note: This software is delivered as a digital download. A broadband internet connection is required. Please see our Help Page for licensing information, download and installation instructions, tutorials and to read our End User Licensing Agreement before ordering. All sales are final.
Soundiron - Mercury Symphonic Boychoir - Teaser Trailer