Subways & Streetcars
Subways & Streetcars is a professional sound library featuring the sounds and environmentals of a modern major metropolitan transit line and 3 different vintage early 20th century electric passenger streetcars. This 4.38 GB library is built for sound designers, as well as musicians and composers looking for fresh sonic ideas to explore and manipulate. The sounds are standard wav files that can be used in any audio program and you'll find each wav clearly named and organized to make searching a breeze. The Kontakt presets take it a step further and put all of that excellent content into an easy plug-and-play interface, whether you're using it for music creation or pure sound design.
The modern high speed Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) train system is located throughout the greater San Francisco Bay region. We recorded all 3 car models (Type A, B and C cars), capturing a variety of underground and surface lines, riding at various speeds, track conditions and passenger densities. You'll also find authentic environmental ambiences in and around a variety of stations. We also recorded a classic urban metro rail unit from the Key System, an urban streetcar network that once served Oakland, CA and the San Francisco East Bay until the late 1950s. The third streetcar type is an Interurban Combine from the Petaluma-Santa Rosa Railroad. This combination passenger/freight unit served as a link between communities around Marin County at the turn of the 20th century until the mid 1930s. The last streetcar in this collection is a metropolitan single-car tram from the 1930s, most likely originally used in Melbourne, Australia.
- 8 Kontakt Instrument Presets with ram-efficient sample loading on demand, selectable sound categories, attack & release envelopes, pitch, offset, volume and convolution reverb impulse selection and mix controls.
- High quality stereo pcm wav sounds (24-bit / 48 kHz)
- 119 Subway station environmental sound effects and ambiences.
- 134 Subway train movement, mechanical and environmental sound effects and ambiences.
- 42 Metropolitan Tram Electric Single Car Sreetcar movement, mechanical and environmental sound effects and ambiences.
- 35 Interurban Combine Single Car Electric Sreetcar movement, mechanical and environmental sound effects and ambiences.
- 14 Key System Multi-Car Bridge Unit Electric movement, mechanical and environmental sound effects and ambiences.
- 35 Sound-Designed Distopian Ambiences and Dark Sci-Fi Soundscapes.
- CSV and Excel database files for easy sound library database importing.
This library is designed for the full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt 5.1 or later. Kontakt is an industry-standard advanced virtual instrument software platform. You can view screenshots of this library's custom graphical user interface in the image gallery above. This library is packed with features to provide you a wide range of sound shaping parameter controls, each one totally automation-ready in your host environment or Kontakt's stand-alone mode. Learn more about Kontakt by Clicking Here.
This is a standard Kontakt open-format library, so the free Kontakt Player does not fully support it and can only run it in a limited "demo mode". However, the sample directories are unlocked so you can use them in other wav-compatible software, sampler and synth formats. The special Libraries tab doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library, but you can use the standard File browser tab and import this library into the Kontakt Quickload window for easy loading and navigation.
- 4.3 GB Installed
- 379 Sounds
- 8 Kontakt 5.1 .nki instrument presets
- 24 bit / 48 kHz uncompressed stereo PCM wav audio
- Unlocked presets and wav files allow full user access and customization
The full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt version 5.1 (or later) is required to use .nki instrument presets included in this library. The free Kontakt "Player" and "Add Library" import process do not support this standard open-format Kontakt library. Kontakt 5 requires Windows 7 or later for PC. OSX 10.7 or later for Mac. Dual Core CPU, 2 GB System Ram, SATA or SSD hard drive recommended for this library. This software is delivered as a digital download, so a broadband connection is required. All sales are final. Please see our Help Page for download and installation instructions, tutorials and the End User Licensing Agreement before ordering.