Voice of Rapture: The Tenor
Voice of Rapture: The Tenor, the next in our series of pristine solo vocal sampling libraries, is designed as a companion to our Voice of Rapture: The Soprano library. Recorded with Tenor virtuoso Brian Thorsett, the library captures the classic, powerful operatic Tenor sound through a wide range of playable chromatic content and emotionally charged melodic phrases. From a belting, bombastic fortissimo sound to a gentle and soft pianissimo, The Tenor provides the creative freedom, power and flexibility making it the best solo Tenor vocal library in the world. Recorded in a warm studio environment with multiple mic types, each articulation has been carefully programmed into our powerful performance system. This virtual solo voice instrument brings together superior programming, brilliant performances, unrivaled sonic quality and living, breathing soul into an unprecedented solo vocal solution.
We captured 3 True Legato sustain types, with 'Ah' (piano), 'Ah' (forte) and 'Oo' (piano) vowels, using the full-sustain method for the highest level of quality and realism. The system allows you to choose infinite/natural sustain modes, with release samples, 3-voice polyphonic support and transition shaping. The library includes standard Ah, Ee, Eh, Mm, Oh and Oo pure vowel sustains, with some vibrato and non-vibrato variants. You’ll also find 25 staccato syllables with precision note shaping and instant syllable switching. There are a dozen sustaining chromatic Latin chants, each with phrase-synchronized legato and instant word switching. All chromatic content spans a playable key range of over 2 octaves.
The Phrase section includes 1358 improvised melodic phrases at 80 and 100 bpm, with automatic real-time tempo-synching or time-stretching modes. Phrases are included in the root keys of A#, C, D, E, F# and G#. Brian sings in a variety of modes and styles, with comprehensive vowel, traditional Latin, French and humming categories. And of course there are plenty of effects and performance elements to choose from, including whispers, breaths and more, as well as a deep selection of sound-designed ambiences, drones, atmospheres, pads and FX instruments. We’ve also included our comprehensive FX Rack panel, with multi-effects, compression, EQ, amp/speaker simulation and convolution reverb, featuring dozens of our most popular custom rooms, halls, chambers, cathedrals and unique FX impulses.
Brian Thorsett has been seen and heard in over 90 diverse operatic roles. His 2012-3 highlights include the title character in Rameau's Pygmalion, Nemorino in L'Elisir d'Amore and Jupiter in Semele. As a concert singer, Brian retains a stylistically diversified repertoire of over 200 works, which has taken him to concert halls across the US and Europe. He is a graduate of San Francisco Opera's Merola Program, Glimmerglass Opera's Young American Artist program, American Bach Soloists Academy, the Britten-Pears Young Artist Programme at Aldeburgh, England and Music Academy of the West. When not singing, Brian is on faculty at Santa Clara University where he teaches Beginning Voice.
- 2 mic positions (cardioid & condenser) w/independent volume and panning
- Ah (f, w/vibrato), Ah (p) and Oo (p, no vibrato) natural true legato vowels with infinite sustain
- 25 Staccatos
- Ah, Ee, Eh, Mm, Oh and Oo vowel sustains non-vibrato (piano)
- Ah, Ee, Eh, Oh and Oo vowel sustains w/vibrato (forte)
- 12 full range Latin Polysustain chants w/releases & tempo-synching/time-stretching
- French, Latin and pure Vowel melodic phrases in the keys of A - G, with pitch transposition, instant pattern sequencing, legato blending, tempo-synching/time-stretching, shaping and more.
- Phrase sequencer allows for per-slot phrase start and end markers for unlimited flexibility.
- Humming melodic phrases with pitch transposition, instant pattern sequencing, legato blending, tempo-synching/time-stretching, shaping and more.
- Whispers, Breaths, Warm-ups and other vocal effects.
- Tons of bonus vocal Ambiences, Atmospheres, Tuned Pads and other custom melodic instruments crafted directly from Nichole's voice.
- Swell control allows real-time dynamic performance shaping.
- Full Multi-FX rack panel with Chorus, Compression, Distortion, Amp and Cab simulation, EQ, Delay and Reverb
- Our Reverb rack unit includes 25 unique creative FX convolutions and 45 excellent live rooms, studios, chambers, cathedrals, halls and other real-world environments, with flexible tone, size and mix controls.
- Fully automatable, with customizable key switch and GUI controls.
- Convenient real-time visual wave-form display in every preset.
This library is designed for the full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt 5.1.0 or later. Kontakt is an industry-standard advanced virtual instrument / software sampler platform. Learn more about Kontakt by Clicking Here
Check out screenshots of our custom graphical user interface for Kontakt in the image gallery above. They provide a wide range of sound shaping parameter controls, each one totally automation-ready in your host environment or Kontakt's stand-alone mode.
This is a standard Kontakt open-format library, so the free Kontakt Player doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library. However, the sample directories are fully accessible to allow user customization, import and mapping into other wav-compatible software, sampler and synth formats.
The special Libraries tab doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library, but you can use the standard File browser tab, or import this library into the Kontakt database and Quickload tools for easy navigation, loading and organization.
- 8.9 GB Installed
- 11,168 Samples
- 31 Kontakt 5.1 .nki instrument presets
- 24 bit / 48kHz uncompressed PCM wav audio
- Unlocked Kontakt presets and wav samples to allow user customization
The full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt version 5.1.0 (or later) is required to use .nki instrument presets included in this library. The free Kontakt "Player" and "Add Library" import process do not support this standard open-format Kontakt library. Windows 7 or higher. Mac OSX 10.7 or higher. Dual Core CPU, 3 GB System Ram, SATA or SSD hard drive recommended for this library. This software is delivered as a digital download, so a broadband connection is required. All sales are final. Please see our Help Page for download and installation instructions, tutorials and the End User Licensing Agreement before ordering.